ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scooby wheels refurbed

No more clio's for me!
By me :cool: :approve:

Piccies here:

http://www.wjpc.nemesisuk.com/forums/index.php?showforum=17

danswheels001-1.jpg

danswheels011.jpg

danswheels004.jpg

Yeah i know its not foggy :rasp:

Comments welcome :eek:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks much better.

How did you do it? Thinking about doing mine white soon.

No more clio's for me!
I'll do a set for £75 (paint costs £50-60 for a set so not making much) or £25 a wheel all in - as long as the tyres etc have been removed. I'll even repair minor kurbing - major kurbing subject to review ;) Takes a week to do - allowing to harden between stages ;)

Done with metallic rover grey - spray cans and lacquer :D

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What did you do then? Sand them down, degrease and paint a few layers and laquer?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Wet and dry Tom and alot of it. There's a guide in the guide section I think, pretty good. Tis a ball ache if you're thinking of going solo though.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
dnt spose uve checked how long your refurbs last?:S
was wondering to go down the DIY refurbs!but i dint want um flaking after a harsh winter! or after a couple months!

Camel
Very nice I'm thinking of getting mine done don't know if I should change the colour or stay with gold

No more clio's for me!
dnt spose uve checked how long your refurbs last?:S
was wondering to go down the DIY refurbs!but i dint want um flaking after a harsh winter! or after a couple months!

The amount of lacquer on there should last a while ;) lol

tbh, they will never be as good as power coated wheels, as they are baked on, but if they are well looked after they will stand the test of time. :cool:

No more clio's for me!
What did you do then? Sand them down, degrease and paint a few layers and laquer?

Wet and dry Tom and alot of it. There's a guide in the guide section I think, pretty good. Tis a ball ache if you're thinking of going solo though.

Dubai is right, lots of rubbing and sanding 120 grit to 400 to start. Fill the minor marks or kurbing (including some rim repairs), further rub down. Filler primer - several coats. rub down with 800 or 1200 depending on finish. Blast with the metallic paint again several coats - rub down with 800, blast again a couple of times, flat off with 1200. Lacquer - millions of coats, starting with light dusting and increasingly getting thicker and thicker. :)

Time is required inbetween for hardening of the paint :D