ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpion RS 192 Exhaust help

BG Clio 182
Right, got above exhuast on my 182. Standard cat, Standard RS192 system.

Thing is, it's a little quiet and I was wondering without decatting, how much louder I could make it? And how would I?

BG Clio 182
Has it got a middle silencer?

You could have it removed if it has mate.
f**k knows, it has a box after the cat? I presume this is it ... how much sound am I going to gain? would it be overly loud and drone do you think?

BG Clio 182
A bit louder like the milltek with the centre silencer and cat still in place.
You will need a new exhaust clamp for the cat http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...616739c&pid=100034&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=271786129148 and black high temp silicon sealant to seal it.
3 bolts and the old one is off.
Ah okay then, I'll look at mine tomorrow morning and make my decision then haha.

So it does give quite a lot more noise? Is it unbearable then or still nice? don't want to decat etc and don't want to sound like a dick but mines just a bit quiet to be honest. its irritating me how it's quiet lol.

RB Clio 182
Toby lad you worry too much about everything, jus change it and if you don't like it then chage it back lol ;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Two options decat or the above. There will always be a home for the unsilenced centre section. Do it!!!!

BG Clio 182
Two options decat or the above. There will always be a home for the unsilenced centre section. Do it!!!!
Haha. It's just you often buy exhausts based on recommendations and what you've heard lol. And I don't know either lol.

How loud is it mate like over what I have now? Would the unsilenced centre section make it drone or is that the decat that does that?

Just trying to get some kind of handle on it lol. Be ordering it tomorrow though @MrTom don't worry lol ;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I had the decated scorpion on a previous 182. It definatly wasn't loud loud, just nice imo. Didn't drone either

BG Clio 182
I had the decated scorpion on a previous 182. It definatly wasn't loud loud, just nice imo. Didn't drone either
Ah okay. Mine just sounds quiet and I don't want to go down the whole legal side of a decat etc so if I just go in with the unsilenced centre section im hoping for just the bit more sound that it needs.

skusey_

ClioSport Club Member
  OG Megane 250
I have a decatted scorpion rs192 system on my 182 and as above it gives a nice tone, doesn't drone at all really.

RB Clio 182
You will be mate, personally i don't like too many silencers anyway, they make it more boomy in my experience, it should sound more raw now!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
ha ha no comment just wait for the thread why is my battery keeping on going flat?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
back on topic,post a vid up of the decat i didnt decat my 182 years ago during the war,would be nice to hear the diff,and then mr works can sell me his decat

BG Clio 182
back on topic,post a vid up of the decat i didnt decat my 182 years ago during the war,would be nice to hear the diff,and then mr works can sell me his decat
Haha, I definitely would, but the cats staying im afraid, what I ordered was a non resonated centre section buddy :)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
agh that should be better no engine light on etc,what make scorpion,they make cracking exhausts

BG Clio 182
agh that should be better no engine light on etc,what make scorpion,they make cracking exhausts
Yes mate, I've ordered a non resonated pipe, im hoping it'll fit straight on, or so I'm told! it has a lovely tone and characteristic at the minute, it's just so fecking quiet! How much louder do you reckon it'll make it?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I was out in a 182 earlier with oddly the same setup you have going on. Could not hear myself think, the noise, the looks, the vibrations. Thankfully had some ear plugs and some paracetamol at hand.

Only winding you up mate. Be a nice sound imo, and none of the above,

Sorry :)