ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpion rs192 cat to silencer fitment?

RB Clio 182 Cup
Having some trouble fitting this as the cat and the silencer pipe don't seem to fit together very well. Got it as well lined up as possible and the clamp as tight as possible but still getting a leak. Seems to leak at the point where the bolt joins the clamp as theres obviously a gap there that doesnt cover the edge of both pipes.

Not really sure how to sort it. Bit of exhaust paste fix it or are there better exhaust clamps around?

RS 182 CUP
mate mines the same, must be a design problem, after trying lots of bodges ive decided to get the £70 together for the rs 192 de cat! tried different clamps, paste, silicone you name it ive tried it. best fix so far was a new clamp from renault (stonger than aftermarket ones) which is £6, and silicone. any more probs pm me as i fit exhausts and the like for a living

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Yea I did. I had this problem with my rs192 that I fitted last month. My solution was to get a new clamp off eBay that was an an exact fit. Now mine doesn't blow.

So happy days.

FF Clio 182 Silver
i have this problem from my scorpion de-cat and standard exhaust pipe...will a new clamp sort this to?

RB Clio 182 Cup
Heres what the difference in size is between the centre pipe and cat, is this normal?
DSC_0015.jpg

Because the flare on the centre pipe is so small a clamp just doesnt seem to grip it properly and slips off.

Clio RS 182
That flare is so obviously too small a diameter I'm really surprised that Scorpion doesn't simply change how they manufacture it so they end up with a flare the right size.

Scorpion are supposed to be a professional outfit.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
either the scorpion has not enough flare on it or your cat side of the joint has old exhaust paste on it. it looks like a combination of both tbh

Just bought an RS192 second hand and hoping I won't have too much trouble when it comes to fitting.

Could someone recommend me a cat-centre section exhaust clamp (something like the ones below ok?)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-..._CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb25d5079#ht_500wt_922

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270749470122#ht_1418wt_906

http://economycarparts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/69

Also... is Holts Firegum cement any good? Or better of with Loctite Sealant etc....? (again recommendations please)

Last edited:
  A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Get some exhaust silicone sealer (RVT) and a wrap around clamp nit the nirmal u bolt type

Clio 182 arctic
i had this for months and months. i bought an rs192 and again it was the same, cat to centre join. turned out to be that the cat had a very small crack on the top of the flange join. second hand cat and it is silent.