ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scottrallye's induction kit write up.

Inferno 225 cup
Thought I'd give this a little write up to how I feel about the kit I ordered from Scott.

Reason why I bought ;

After deciding to sell the throttle bodies I bought of Fraser and fitting the smaller polo rad early due to a coolant leak and not being able to fit the ph1 airbox back due the moving of the radiator.

So I was on the look for decent induction kit , either make one myself like so many had done on here or buy something from k-tec, then Scott's thread Popped up, I kept looking and looking at the kit he made and his work and decided to give in and send the pm.

I sent Scott a long message about his induction kit and the fact i didn't really want to fit something that looked strung together ( as I like to keep my engine bay looking presentable :)) Scott got back to me near enough straight away, told me no one had bought his kit yet despite having loads of interest and I'd be the first.

So we came to an agreement, I thought the price was a bit high at first and hesitated about sending money to someone I didn't really know, suppose that's how this place made me feel due to the high amount of "money takers"on here. I couldn't have been more wrong (sorry Scott) I got updates About the kit Daily, Scott pm'd me saying one of his suppliers let him down and would take a little while longer to which Scott was annoyed with, followed by a pm saying it was on its way :)

When it arrived
uze2y5a6.jpg

Credit to Scott and his mate for making amd designing something that looks incredible and the welding is some of the best I've seen.

uvy5umuq.jpg

5yvu4u4u.jpg

I can't believe the difference this has made, such a massive improvement over the original air box. The sound is incredible the way the car feels so much more responsive and again the noise this thing makes at 5k!!! I'm Going for a power run next Wednesday to see what power it's kicking out as I'm curious :) so looking forward to seeing if I've gained anything with the mods I've made.

All in all I'm over the the moon, such a great service from Scott and after receiving the kit and seeing it in the flesh it's definitely priced right in my eyes and definitely worth buying if anyone is wanting to buy one.

So Cheers Scott and look forward to the radiator you will be making for me :)

Jacob

RB Clio 182
Does it drive/sound much different to the itbs?

It might be a daft question but some say it doesnt feel much different with itbs fitted and that they are not worth it for the cost.

That alloy bend looks mint btw.

Inferno 225 cup
Does it drive/sound much different to the itbs?

It might be a daft question but some say it doesnt feel much different with itbs fitted and that they are not worth it for the cost.

That alloy bend looks mint btw.

I never got round to fitting the itb's Mate but the noise of this is incredible, I thought it was placebo effect thinking it was faster and pulled a lot better but a good mate of mine took it out and said its nuts how quick it picks up and the noise at 4.5k+ is great.

Clio Trophy #343
Have you still got your original air box you can botch fit? Would be interesting to see before and after results, would not matter on the rr, if it was only secured with cable ties then switched out for the new one :)

Inferno 225 cup
Have you still got your original air box you can botch fit? Would be interesting to see before and after results, would not matter on the rr, if it was only secured with cable ties then switched out for the new one :)

I can't fit the ph1 air box back in as the polo rad is in the way, otherwise I would of done a comparison.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thats what im doing mate, 421s over the winter and ive got myself a 182 exhaust manifold to try and get a bit more torque lower down. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh and if your mates doing the belts then the offer of the locking tools is there. :)