ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratched bumper

Not a Clio
Some kind person has treated our car to this. Are there any off the shelf products available that I could use or is this a professional repair job?

It's the rear plastic bumper. Car is pearlescent black.

DSCF0002800x600-2.gif

DSCF0006800x600.gif

DSCF0005800x600.gif

DSCF0004800x600-1.gif

DSCF0003800x600-2.gif

DSCF0001800x600-1.jpg

Never above 25mpg
Looks quite rough! Have you tried polishing it yet to see if it'll take away any of the cratches?

Not a Clio
I washed the car yesterday with turtlewax car shampoo and all the scratches are through the paint. I don't want to try anything else in case make it worse or harder to repair.

Clio 182 arctic
i know how u feel matey, i washed my car yesterday and found that someone has scratched my front bumper, probably in a supermarket. lucky for me it looks like it will polish out.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Go to halfords and buy some black colourmagic wax.

It will hide it in the short term but iirc that cars on motability? So I'd get it repaired before handing it back or they will sting you!

Bodyshop job I'm afraid. Could touch it up but I wouldn't bother, just wait till you've got the cash to sort it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Chips away (Or a decent equivilent! lol) would charge about £80 to sort that out.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oooft!

My bloke charges £35 for a bumper corner but obvuiosly thats trade. £100 plus vat sounds a bit steep to me!