ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scratched clio

M

mij29

Hi guys. Ive only just signed up to this but been on here for a few months now.
I recently bought a 172 full fat i think they are mint my self, you could say its my pride and joy at the mo. Any way i took it to get some new tyres at the weedend and had it tracked up, when i got i home i gave it a wash only to find the prciks had scratched on the wing. I didn't bother ringing them up becase i know they would onl denie it.
I have phoned some company up to come and have a look at it, they are called chipsaway, i was wondering if any of you guys had heard of them, maybe had some work done by them and if they are any good because they are expensive but i don't mind that if it looks top notch after they have done.
thanks​

Golf R/Leon FR
very good company will do a good job

personally i would try and get the tyre place to pay for it

M

mij29

Thanks guys, at least i now know they have a good name. I don't thnk i will get any joy off the tyre company. I wish people would be honest when they do something like that.

M

mij29

Yeah i know they aren't cheap. The scratch is about two inch long on the arch of my front wing. £90 plus VAT.

RenaultSport clio 182
Get the tyre place to pay for it. If they value their reputation they should sort it out for you.

106 GTi
Word of warning - Best of asking around and seeing some of your local chips away guys work, some of them are sh*te, local one here left my old 205 GTi looking worse than before he touched it. It has nothing to do with the company name the job is only as good as the person working on your car. Hope you get it sorted.

M

mij29

Thanks guys. he came across like a decent fella, said he wouldn't touch it if he wasn't 100% that he could do it and he said if i wasn't happy he would do untill i was.