ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratched Windscreen - Help

R

rich[182]

Car had been stood for several days collecting dust & grit etc, This morning got in car and used wipers not realising their were some deposits on front wiper blades, result a scratch in a perect arc almost half length of screen, Whats best product to try and get it out, I dont think its a deep scratch so am hopeful itll come out

nothing you can do really. Ive tried everything from t-cut to window cleaner, to window polish and autoglass etc wont touch em! there is a company that does it but i cant find the web site.

Ive got the same problem

Wiper broke in the snow so sharp metal end in contact with the window and now have an arc shaped scratch on the passenger side.

Would be interested in any solutions

Sarah

Replace it via your insurance for the £50 excess. I have a small stone chip which I think will mean I will have to do the same in mine !

i take scratches out of glass at work with jewlers rudge and a buff if not to deep takes like 5 mins graft better than replacing it but deep 1s forget it . alot of window companies have them like glass manufactures or pvc or aluminum window companies if u know n e 1

R

rich[182]

bought some glass cutting polish from halfords for £5, its a white liquid and is great, only had a quick go tonight and its slightly better, will have another few goes, its non abrasive

they also sell some turtle wax or carplan scratch paste which is for glass scratches but thats my last resort as its abrasive and instructions said be careful in applying it

will let you know results after several attempts with the stuff i bought today

Ayup Rich, Id just get a new windscreen for £50 like Daipac said. Its not worth p**sing about with. Ive got the same on my Clio S at the mo although Im not bothered as its going in soon when the 182 arrives in two weeks time.... Cant wait!!!!!!!!

T

Ive got the same problem! Had the wipers on full blast and the metal came away on the wiper.
Probably doesnt look that bad, but does to us!
As for changing via £50 insurance excess, surely these aint great as it means fecking up the manufacturers seal! ?

R

rich[182]

ive got it slightly less noticeable now although it still really noticeable to me cos its what im like, picky !

am gonna checkout some paste ive seen in halfords but cant be bothered changing screen, i did that on my fiesta turbo and the quality of the new seal was sh*te and they scratched my dashboard real bad

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Ive got 3 scratches like that the last owner neglected the back wiper rubber sumething rotten by the looks of it! theyre not very deep though think ill give that paste I think.