ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratches on drivers door - help!

Octavia VRS
The old dear has just phoned me in a state saying her friends' dogs got all excited and jumped up on her drivers door which has left a good number of scratches.

I have used Scratch X for a number of years on my cars and results have been very good even by hand. However, is there anything else you would recommend? Her Clio is black metallic so it could take some work!

Octavia VRS
not seen it myself yet!

My worry is a couple will be quite deep which will I won't be able to do anything with

visualize whirled pe
If you can feel the scratch catch under your nail the chances are it might be too deep.
My last car had been keyed when it was in the prev. owners possesion and the deepest part of the scratch I was unable to remove without using paint, the other 10" (which still did catch under the nail) I was able to remove with some scratch x, but it took a lot of time as it was vag paint.

If you know someone with an orbital or rotary near by then that would be your best shot. You might be lucky and the dogs could have just calght the clear coat.

Octavia VRS
cheers.

got the old dear to buy some Scratch X for me coming down. Will give the car an all day session at the weekend as it has lots of swirls anyway. Will post up some pics of the scratches and the results (if I get any!).

Scratch X by hand, oh it's gonna be fun!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah worked really well with the wet sanding on my door - especially considering where the damage was.

Just make sure you have a good polish/es and preferably a PC or rotary to follow it up with though as left some horrible looking fine scratches.

Also, be very gentle with the paper. Imagine you are trying to towel dry Angelina Jolie's nipple...

Octavia VRS
Well scratch X performed poorly which was a surprise. However, the Car-Lack 68 hand polish kit which Rich recommended was a marked improvement. Think it will need another couple of applications to keep improving but my mum was happy enough. Only downside is that the instructions were in German lol

Spent 6 hours yesterday and another 1 today! Wet sanding might still have to be considered for perfect results

A little sh*t round my way, decided to scratch my o/s 1/4 panal.
It was about 2 meters worth of scribbling and looked really bad.
I got some T-cut for black cars and it came straight out. phew!

Octavia VRS
I've used Scratch X countless times with good results and needed a new tube of it anyway for mine. Pics I took of the scratches were crap anyway and don't think they would have helped anyone!