ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scrubbing outside of tyres on track WITH neg camber!

GSXR + KDX220
Just been round Snetterton this evening, had an awesome time on track :)

But, Ive noticed I'm getting some serious wear on the outside edges, even the top of the sidewall tbh.

Now I know Snetterton is a fast circuit and can be hard on the N/S front tyre, especially when carrying alot of speed.

The car has been set up to run -2deg camber only this afternoon, and toe set toeing in slightly (5mins) as I didnt like the twitchy feel it had before. Ive done a fair few laps on Snet now and consider myself to be quite fast around it (not blowing my own trumpet, just stating I know the circuit quite well ;) )

Current car suspension spec is:
Eibach Sportlines
Koni yellows (adjustable)
Camber bolts
New Renault wishbones/ball joints
New rack bushes
Powerflex outer ARB bushes
Pure Motorsport solid top mounts
Whiteline ARB
Toyo R1-R tyres with hot pressures set to ~31psi front and ~32psi rear (I like the rear a little looser)

Is it is simply a case of the Koni's being a little too soft for fast track work and its leaning over a bit much? Ive only just got them so I'm not getting rid and I dont want hard coilies for the road.

Suggestions please?

SQ5
You don't want hard coilovers for track either.

I always had the same problem at snetterton with the NSF tyre too.

GSXR + KDX220
Surely something a bit harder, along with harder springs will reduce the amount it rolls over? i.e doesnt roll onto the outside of the tyre. Its always gonna be hard on that tyre though due to the nature of the track.

Maybe I should slow down a little, or adjust my driving style ;)

SQ5
Harder springs will make it understeer more as suspension has no give and just pushes the tyre rather than the weight on the suspension if you get me?