ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seagate sshd - crap speed?

Polo + Micra
i've just got myself a new laptop (dell 7737) and it's got a seagate solid state hybrid drive

now i was using a dell studio 17 (about 6 years old?) with a intel ssd and it seems a hell of a lot quicker

crystal disk mark is saying R/W speeds of 54/111MB/s (1000MB test) on the seagate not really what i'd expect (intel ssd on old laptop is 250/230MB/s)

are these drives just s**t? i can near enough get better speeds using my microserver as a hard drive lol

Polo + Micra
AHCI or intel speed technology are the only options and it's on AHCI

i would swap it over but there is only room for 1 HDD in the new laptop and 180GB isn't enough:dapprove:

Monaro VXR
Hybrid drives are only slightly faster than your old mechanical platter drives. They aren't like a proper SSD speed wise, they are as said. Slightly faster than a normal HDD.

Polo + Micra
well tbh i think most 7200rpm drives would show it a clean pair of heels. 54MB/s read speed is s**t (the micro sd card in my phone is only slightly slower)

looks like i'm going to be saving up for a ssd

Monaro VXR
That makes sense, it's going to be a 5400rpm drive. With a larger cache that's all the SSD portion is.