ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat belt jammed

Clio 172
Ok I've removed my passenger seat belt an now it's jammed. When I removed it, it realed in, now keeps locking. Had a quick look and can see the locking mechanism, just don't want to mess as seatbelts can be pretty important. Any ideas, need it sorting asap really

Thanks Gaz

I had this when I cleaned them. Put it in a vice using the bit that bolts to the car, making sure its dead straight. Pull the belt upwards gently and slowly applying pressure. I found I had to pull the belt really f**king hard too to wind the coil tighter as too much belt had wound into the mechanism.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
They are inertia belts, they have a ball bearing (or similar) on a plate, once the belt reel moves or is off its centre then the ball moves to prevent the belt from slackening off, this works in conjunction with the pre tensioner in the seat belt buckle in the event of an accident to hold you securely in your seat.

Anyway enough waffling on, basically once the belt is removed it's difficult to get it in the correct position to unwind the belt, bolt it back in and it'll work as it should

Clio 172
They are inertia belts, they have a ball bearing (or similar) on a plate, once the belt reel moves or is off its centre then the ball moves to prevent the belt from slackening off, this works in conjunction with the pre tensioner in the seat belt buckle in the event of an accident to hold you securely in your seat.

Anyway enough waffling on, basically once the belt is removed it's difficult to get it in the correct position to unwind the belt, bolt it back in and it'll work as it should

Haha, I'd just thought about bolting it back in place. Thanks for the help mate much appreciated :)

Clio 172

Haha, I'd just thought about bolting it back in place. Thanks for the help mate much appreciated :)