ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat cleaning

UR 200
After a bit if advice please. Before I went away a couple of weeks ago, I got soaked at football training and made a rookie mistake, i didn't take a change of clothes!

I had a carrier bag to sit on for the 5 minute drive home, but that didn't offer enough protection, so now, on my 200, I've got water marks on the light coloured inserts.

What I want to know is, what's the best way to clean my seats to remove these marks?

Thanks

Honda & VW
Best way is to use an upholstery shampoo with a brush, then plenty of microfibre cloths to dry or a wet vac if you have or can lay your hands on one. Just remember to do the entire seat apposed to just the areas with marks on.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I don't bother with interior cleaning that needs any more than a quick wipe and Hoover.

Take it to the local supermarket and have them wet vac it properly for a few £, just don't let them wash the outside

UR 200
Thanks chaps. Not sure I've seen any of the local hand car washes/supermarket people with a wet vac, will pay more attention!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I use a 'Bissell' upright wetvac for the home carpets. it's got an attachment for doing smaller areas but never tried it. Works well on the house carpets though

A4 Avant & A3
I used the autoglym interior shampoo spray on my light grey seats after my kids spilt water on them, leaving water spots.
Just sprayed it on and wiped off with as damp cloth, that seemed to sort it.
Light seats and kids don't mix!!! Lol