ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat tilt and slide cable keeps popping out

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Hi, I've swapped the seat rails over on my drivers seat and attached the cable for making it tilt and slide. This wasn't connected when I took the seat out to sort the sliding mechanism. When I pull the handle it tilts fine but as it folds forward the cable to the runner pops out of the slot.

Any ideas why or how I can get it to stay in place or what's causing it? Thanks in advance
9DEC11E6-0A2D-49BB-9F4C-D0792CEF3CC6.jpegF8F3E61A-F995-4E28-9D71-D9562E4BD2C5.jpeg

04-182

ClioSport Club Member
  AB Clio 182
Might have solved it. Diy fix so will see how long it lasts and if it works properly once back in the car.

Knocked the pin out of a pop rivet, slit the side with a dremel to fit over the wire then nipped it up. Did have a washer over it to stop the rivet opening back up but it pulls it too tight to be able to fasten the cable outer into its saddle.

7D606A68-6907-40B3-93CC-23CA90ADF87A.png