ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seatbelt beeping noise

ex Clio 172 owner :(
To be honest the noise does my tits in too.

I always drive with my seatbelt on.

However, when I'm pulling up to my house and about to reverse on to drive, I sometimes undo the seatbelt a wee bit too early and it sets the beeper off for the next minute while I'm doing the tricky bit of getting on my awkward drive.

Also, when I pull to a halt and jump out to let my workmates in/out, I sometimes undo the belt a wee bit too early and it's beeping the whole time they're getting in.

I wouldn't mind so much if it would stop beeping when the car then stops but it doesn't.

I'm not condoning driving around without a seatbelt on but I'm just talking about when you know you're stopping and doing less than 5mph.

C

clio172cup20

Just wear your seatbelt mate!!
But if you want to be a fool, you will notice a wire going in to the drivers belt connection, simply cut it and inside the one wire is 2 small ones, connect them together to make a circuit, and no more bleeping.

But PLEASE wear it!!

An airbag hitting you in the face with no restraint... OUCH!!!

172 Exclusive... For Sale
sneakypete said:
But it's so cool not wearing a seatbelt! I get so many chicks this way. They always get so turned on by my maverick attitude and the fact I've got a girls car.

Ahahaa...

Astra SRi T
ffs noob

i always wear seat belt and so do all my passengers, if anyone refuses i tell them to get out my car!

Last edited:
  Golf GTD
:rolleyes:

putting my seatbelt on is just something that naturally happens. If i have a bad crash, id rather have a chance of surviving it, than have no chance at all.

There is ways of turning it off if you have harnesses etc but I don't see why we should tell you how to do something which is risking your own life.
If you realy wanted to know its not difficult to find out.

clunk-click with every trip!

1971.gif

even if you dont care about your own life, think about how the other person you hit will feel when they find out you're dead...

i wouldnt like that feeling on my mind for the rest of my life.

182 (Cupped)
Firstly; SORRY about that whatthefudge. I WAS joking. Only, Americans are born with a deep rooted sense of not knowing what irony is. (I have spoken to quite a few.)

Secondly:
Only a complete soon-to-be-spastic wouldn't wear a seatbelt, or find it cool, or even think of telling anybody that they don't - in order to seem 'cool'.

What is the guy on?

Funny, that beep is a little like the 'beep' you get from hospital equipment...

'52 clio 1.2 16V
the beep is supposed to be annoying that why it was there. DUH.
i think your more likely to crash in the 1 minute frame that it sounds for just becuase its beeping and annoying the hell outa you. and if the beping causes you to crash..then you wont have a seatbelt on.
put it on..no beeping..no annoying sound causing you to crash with no belt on.

.Griff. said:
I can't beleive you can't be arsed to put your seatbelt on but you can be arsed to clip it inplace and then sit on top of it... Weirdo..

I was thinking the same thing.. i dont feel right driving without my belt on

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Its easy to stop the beeping noise ...PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON AS REQUIRED BY LAW...
If you dont, you could discover a brand new beeping noise as you lie in a hospital bed with an ECG monitor recording your heart beats...You wont want to hear that one stop..will you.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
BrianR said:
Its easy to stop the beeping noise ...PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON AS REQUIRED BY LAW...
If you dont, you could discover a brand new beeping noise as you lie in a hospital bed with an ECG monitor recording your heart beats...You wont want to hear that one stop..will you.

you tell him...

What do you do to stop your clothes being creased to fook, i have ocd and cant stand creases in my work shirts or any other clothing, i even iorn my boxers and socks,