ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seatbelt locking with car parking in sun???

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
my seatbelt has started playing up, the other day no matter how I pulled at it (slow/fast/up/down) it would only move half an inch then lock. It took bleedin ages to get it out to put it on. Then the day after all was fine. Then the next afternoon same again locking up at the slightest pull.

I've just ried it this morning and its ok......so I've come to the conclusion that when the car is prked in the sun something inside is expansding just enough to cause a problem.

Anyone else heard of this before? It's not a Clio by the way but I'm assuming seatbelts work in a similar way no matter what car it is.

That's a bit odd, you can try leaving it plugged in, it might not fix it but it will take a lot less time to put back on again.

Clio sport 182
i would recommend a new seatbelt its a sign that something is wrong with that belt ie; crap/dirt,fluff built up in the mechanism or something more serious