ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seatbelt warning bleeps

M2 Competition
To save having a dig for my manual, does anyone kind know how to turn off the bleeps when you dont have your seatbelt on?

Car is a 172 cup.

Ta, Dan :star:

M2 Competition
Have found this:

Seat belt warning light

The SERV and AIRBAG lights come on its a common problem (almost every has it) its due to the wiring of the pretensioners going to an open circuit. Fiddle with the wires under the seat an the problem will go away.
On the early cars the solution is to look under each of the seats. You will see a grey connector.
On the passenger side disconnect it and cut the Blue and Brown wires off both sides. Then solder the Blue wire to blue, and the Brown to the other brown. Make sure you use insulating sleeves over the soldered connections..
Under the driver seat there are two pairs of wires in the grey connector.. Only cut the Blue and Brown wires and solder them together as above.. Reconnect the connector..
On the facelift cars it is ONLY the passenger side connector that is affected.. So again cut and solder the Blue and brown wires.

But its not the warning light, its the bleeps that tell you you dont have your seat belt on.

My last clio didnt have this so i figure its an option you can turn off...

Have been right through guides section, unless ive missed the thread you're referring to mate?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Oh please can we have an answer to this, I've been meaning to post this question too. Drives me utterly mad.

There must be a sensor or the beeping speaker than can be disconnect/removed/shot.

this rather defeats the object but, in some cars, you can turn the alarm off by plugging in the passenger belt only

Dynamique Flamer
Dont think that works on clios as it only bleeps when drivers one is not plugged in i am pretty sure! lol at harnesses!

try plugging the passenger's belt into the driver's clip. obv no good if you've removed either of those bits, or if you're carrying passengers

M2 Competition
Ive driven a few clio's and it seems hit or miss whether they have it or not.

Figured that perhaps like RAID, it was an option that could be turned off.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
You need to mess with the wiring I believe.. a resistor on the end makes the car think a belt is always in.

No way of actually turning it off.

Dynamique Flamer
What plate is yours maybe its a new feature that now comes as standard as i have it on mine and my mate has it on her 182 cup they are both 05 plates?

182 Cup
Had it on mine and was expecting it to have the annoying beeping noise when I put the harnesses in and ditched the old belts. Strangely it never came back after removing the factory belts. So I'd say it can be got rid of, as to what you need to disconnect I wouldn't know.

If I had to guess, I'd say disconnect the wires into the pretensioners. However, that would leave you without working pretensioners and probably leave the airbag and serv light on.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Cut one of the buckles of the rear and put it into the drivers side.

You don't use the back seats do you?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Just disconnect the single wire plug that also does the warning light. Its under the seat at the front in the middle.

Any other effects to disconneting it?

As Pep says, mainly moving around car parks. I often moving in/out of places to let other people in/out.

Wouldn't dream of not wearing one without driving. I always have to visually check some of my mates are wearing them, shocks me how sometimes they don't bother!

Mines 03 btw.

Iceberg 172
LOL @ all those suggesting plugging another belt in - kinda defeats the object; he may as well put his own seatbelt on!

M2 Competition
Ha ha! From past experience, fiddling with the wires under the seats only ends in tears (and re-soldering wires back together)

I never used to wear my seatbelt before i bought the Clio then when I bought it I put it on because the beeping did my nut in, then when I sold it I have stopped wearing it again, proof that the beeping does work lol

LOL @ all those suggesting plugging another belt in - kinda defeats the object; he may as well put his own seatbelt on!

i thought the object was in avoiding doing that.. ?

anyway, that suggestion of using a loose clip is a good one - easy scrap yard job and you could keep it in the glove box

PS. Peperami, there's a suggestion in similar topics that the alarm can be deleted using the CLIP diagnostic thing