ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seatbelts

clio 182
My silver seat belts ain't looking too good, what's the best way to clean them up? Without removing them. Cheers.

Clio 197 RB
I think people pull the whole seatbelt out of the car then close the door keeping the metal part in the car obviously.
Then spray generously with APC leave to soak, then give it a scrub then jet wash it off.

Usually a job for the summer as the belts take a while to dry!

Could also try a steam cleaner I suppose.?

Renaultsport Clio V6
Most of the dirt will be on the end of the belt (where the clip is). I unbolted the loop end only, not the rolled bit and dragged them out of the car fully, power washer and a little soap and the job was done. mine were scanking but look new now.

ITB BG 182
Get a hex bit and unscrew the lower bar holding the seatbelt in and take the bar out of the seat belt loop.

Get it out the door and close the door, ask some one to hold it against the car while you get wash it all.

Attempt to dry it with some kitchen towel or a good MF then re attach.