ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

see what you think

mk2 clio 172

hi everyone just joined. soon to be gettin a 172 just want a few "opinions" on this sound system and if anybody thinks a may need to anything else.

SUB KICKER L7 2004 750W RMS

AMP FOR SUB KENWOOD KAC-PS521

2 X VIBE BLACKHEX 9 6X9S

2XVIBE SA-50 5.25 COMPONENTS

INFINITY REF 7540A AMP 4 CHANNEL AMP TO RUN THE SPEAKERS

PIONEER DEH-P9600 HEAD

CAN ANYBODY SEE ANY PROBS THERE OR AM I LOOKING AT A GOOD SYSTEM.

CHEERS.

ditch the 6x9s, youll regret fiting them after a couple of months

find a better amp and sub combo, the l7 is a poor woofer and kenwood should have stuck to making food processors

infinity amp is a decent enough amp to run the sa-50s, and the pioneer unit is eclisped only by alpines equivalent model

mk2 clio 172

its the looks for the pioneer all the alpines look the same.

any suggestions for the sub and amp upto bout 600 for both

2005 Impreza WRX STI

tell u what, in my past few cars (bar clio) ive had jbl, its not expensive, but it sounds a lot better than a few of my mates systems...usually pioneer and vibe equipment?

up to 600 for both? as in 600 for each or for it all??

600 each
subs
Image Dynamics IDMax12
JBL W12 GTi (only JBL id recommend........ ever!!!!)

amps
JL Audio 1000.1
Orion 1200D
Phoenix Gold X 600.1

600 for the pair

subs
Genesis A30.01
Image Dynamics IDQ12
Resonant Engineering SE12

amps
Orion 600D
Digital Designs DD-M1
Resonant Engineering RE12.1

cant really think of much more that id include for the similar price, if its 600 each, id be tempted to go with the IDMax and Orion combo, if its 600 for the pair, cant go wrong with the A30.01 and RE12.1

Was looking for ages for some desent equipment and was recommended a company called in-phase i ended up purchaseing one of their 2400w 4ch amps which wernt as expensive as the lanzar and rockford amps but because it was british design price was a bargain. read some reviews saying that it was up there with the £400-500 amps and it only cost me £299.

Also got the db audio t-rex 12" sub which is small but kicks out some nice bass. have it in an unvented box and sound is awesome. that was about £250

i think both companys are linked in some way as the quality of the kit for its price cant be beaten. mates have spent twice what i have spent on equipment and sounds no better or goes no louder than mine.

am using it with some rockford components in front and just standards in back and sound is perfect.

bsimmer - over time youll realise why it was cheaper ;)

db audio when they released their raptor range were greeted with some amazing claims, sadly, everything after that failed t live up to the hype, dont get me wrong, good VFM but thats about all they offer now, same boat as Dragster. oh and lanzar are pants, so please no comparison when you compare in-phase, they are not a bad manufacturer, but sadly, if you read the magazines that are worth reading in the world of ICE, youll know their reviews are not the same as in many other mags that feature audio

Bryan my mate have said the same as you. the same mates who have the stuff which is no better than mine and they had spent double what i had spent on mine. if it sounds the same and it goes as loud then whats wrong With it being cheaper. if ya talking about build quality then from first impressions the amp and sub is fine. nothing from sight i can fault about it. how long it will last is anyones guess. the money i saved not buying branded name equipment i went out and got me self a dvd head unit and some £200 rockford components.

I have always purchased everything i own on personal reveiws from the consumer because as we all know magazines cant ever be trusted to give a honest reveiw when someones pushing pound notes in their pockets.

twist to the story here, i have owned/installed and sold all of the equipment you have stated above, which is why i dont recommend them

pesonal consumer experience, as you mention above, is worth more than mag reviews, which is why i posted about them ;)

i was told that db audio and in-phase was only avalible through caraudiocenter.

ya might have saved me a drive all the way to london. could have orderd it off you.

By the way what are the problems with the amps and subs?????

be nice to know for when they go wrong lol

Clio V6 255

another 6x9 topic!!! lol, you dont need them they RUIN the sound stage. You dont need anything if the front components are good enough, however I have a preference of upgrading the rear co-axials and setting the headunit accordingly for fill/ambience.

If the headunit has Dolby Pro Logic II then rear speakers add to the sound stage, otherwise dont bother.