ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seeing your old cars :(

I recently sold my 182 and bought a R26 Megane !

Now don't get me wrong I love my Megane but I really miss the Clio :( and then I was browsing today and came across it for sale :(

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201404173416538?atmobcid=soc4

it was only sold a month or so ago I spend a fortune on it but the lad who bought it still had finance on another car and ended up not being able to keep both so traded them both in :(

So gutted I had a huge build thread - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?675190-Rescuing-my-182

Does it make anyone a bit gutted when you see your car like this or am I just being sad ?

PB172,dci100,dci65
I have not ever sold a car to a foreign person (bought just 3 in total, and own 2 atm :) ), but I think I would like to see my old car till its maintained well. When it will start falling apart, full of dents, cracked bumpers, it will be a sad look.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
I have a problem with letting cars go tbh my missus calls me a hoarder lol. I tend to break them rather than see someone else drive them away lol.

I have a problem with letting cars go tbh my missus calls me a hoarder lol. I tend to break them rather than see someone else drive them away lol.

Wish I'd broke it now ! :(

I have not ever sold a car to a foreign person (bought just 3 in total, and own 2 atm :) ), but I think I would like to see my old car till its maintained well. When it will start falling apart, full of dents, cracked bumpers, it will be a sad look.

Hate seeing all my hard work sold as a trade sale 2bh ! Lol

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Yup, saw my very first 182 on eBay last night. :( did have thoughts of buying it back!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I hated seeing my old 1.4 sat at the side of a main road up for sale. Nearly bought it back twice. Also hated seeing my flamer all the time so did buy it back!

Clio RS200 Cup
How about building a car from standard to 450bhp and magazine featured then 3 weeks later after selling, receiving this image...

IMG-20130116-WA0021.jpg

Not the same as seeing it for sale, but when I first passed my test I was lucky enough to be given the works spare Astra van for a good 3-4 months while I got the money together for a first car. It was a state when I first got it, so I looked after it. Kept it clean inside, washed it, polished it, bought new trims for the steelies.

Never saw it much after I gave it back as its new home was some engineer in northampton, but he visited the yard last week & the van was a mess. kinda gutted as I 'learnt to drive' in that van, and i properly looked after it :(

I saw my first clio drive past me a few weeks back. Despite the fact it was dead and I'd sold it for scrap.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I part ex'd my second clio when i bought a 182. Drove past it a few months later on the A1.

Was weird seeing someone else driving it but i didnt regret it. Move on to better things. :)

LY 200 EDC LUX
Good thread!

ive seen a couple of my old cars cutting about where I live. I part ex'd my impreza P1 a few years ago, only to find out 2 months later that it was written off :-(. RIP No.867 lol!

out of interest, I used to own a flame red 172 reg HN02 CFZ. Don't suppose anyone knows of its whereabouts?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
How about building a car from standard to 450bhp and magazine featured then 3 weeks later after selling, receiving this image...

IMG-20130116-WA0021.jpg

^^^ - that would be absolutely gutting to see. :( Off topic, are those tyres the wrong way around?

Only ever saw one of my old cars and pulled up to have a chat. The owners were at a garage getting two new tyres for the front. Looked like they were looking after the 'ol girl too :)

D.

Clio RS200 Cup
^^^ - that would be absolutely gutting to see. :( Off topic, are those tyres the wrong way around?

Only ever saw one of my old cars and pulled up to have a chat. The owners were at a garage getting two new tyres for the front. Looked like they were looking after the 'ol girl too :)

D.

Haha no, if you imagine it the other way round the arrow is going in the way the wheels would be driving

A4 Avant & A3
I always look out for my old 172 cup, traded it in for a family mobile (golf) at a local Vauxhall franchise, then saw it on their forecourt for only 500 more than he gave me for it... It was due mot and tyres, I was tempted to buy it back lol on had 24k on the clock way back then.
Wonder where it is now

172, Tiguan
I bought my old cup back last week in a roundabout way. Needs a bit of tlc before it's useable though. I last owned it in 2006!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Built a Triumph 2000 with my Step Dad and brother as a track car years ago, put a 2.5ltr BMW engine in it. It did get loads of attention. Came for sale on eBay over the summer with no interest and left unsold. And for the cheek of it the guy said the paint had been rollered on :O how dare he!! When it was gloss paint sprayed on with a spray machine/compressor :p I used to work in a builders merchant while at college and got cheap paint, very cheap paint!! Was a good job surprisingly!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
mate..

have u ever seen your car being driven wrecklessly after its been stolen?! boiled my piss and broke my heart.

Then to see a 7 page long parts list to rectify it after it was found was even more shocking.. i couldn't see it in that state.

I'm glad I'm not the only one ! Seams a massive shame ! Luckily I did okay with the sale of it , but still gutting after the time I put in for them to not even acknowledge anything about it, I even sent the links to the build thread! Will make a awesome for somebody to buy in fairness wants for nothing , only reason I sold up was the heavy clutch was annoying me in traffic , and I had a boost itch !

clio sport 172
I'm glad I'm not the only one ! Seams a massive shame ! Luckily I did okay with the sale of it , but still gutting after the time I put in for them to not even acknowledge anything about it, I even sent the links to the build thread! Will make a awesome for somebody to buy in fairness wants for nothing , only reason I sold up was the heavy clutch was annoying me in traffic , and I had a boost itch !

I see this car everyday and it's always been thrashed about. I would be gutted if I had put all that time and effort in. But on the plus side it does sound nice lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've owned my current clio 3 times since about 2003. It's like a dose of Herpes, keeps coming back.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Best thing I did was sell my 1st Frp to a foreign buyer. If I had seen it again I would have cried. Genuinely.

M2 Comp
My old Fiesta ST-

7865969290_a53d398388_c.jpg

tomc1 by tommo1991, on Flickr

8469352488_ef07227d30_c.jpg

IMG_3662 by tommo1991, on Flickr

It was genuinely a mint car. Literally not a mark on any panel and only a very small number of minor stone chips. Full Ford service history from new. Was 100% standard, drove perfectly like a brand new car (it even smelt new inside). I loved it!

Anyway, the guy I sold it to drove by me a couple of months ago and he has completely ruined it!! 'Slammed', stupidly loud backbox (Note, not exhaust system, JUST the backbox has been changed), soft toys hanging from the rear bumper, centre caps missing, stickers all over it, and best of all, the plastics have been sprayed WHITE!!! :evil::evil::evil::evil:

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I've killed the majority of my cars so only ever actually sold one, and it went to a guy an hour away down in London so I'll probably never see it again.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
What did you have before the VRS fletch?

Nothing mate. The Clio was Mel's daily driver (family car) I had the Berlingo/ Hilux. She then started doing silly work miles, and I wanted to start doing tracktime so we bought the VRS.

We are currently looking at getting BMW 330/355d touring next, but what the VRS is currently worth I can see that staying too :eek:

PH2 RS172
i recently bought back my old 172 which is pretty much as it was, few dents need pinging though. few stories....
my mate sold his standard and immaculate red e30 318is and 4 years later its appeared on ebay rattle canned matt black with turquoise wheels on and evo 5 spoiler. wounded isnt enough....
i sold my golf gti 1.8t, r32 kit, k03s turbo upgrade, intercooler, 220bhp, custom exhaust etc.... basically the works, and 3 weeks later it was in a field smashed to bits when the lad just didnt stop at a junction in the rain trapping it down a country lane.... it had porsche brakes on aswell!
lastly my mate had an astra gsi mk4, pushing 300bhp most mods from courtney sport, vxr turbo, big intercooler etc. the lad he sold it to had come from summat like a corsa 1.2 and hit a painted island at about a buck ten less than a week later.....and rolled it into a small ball.
all that work...... DOWN THE DRAIN :-(

Westfield, 182, 200
I recently sold my 182 and bought a R26 Megane !

Now don't get me wrong I love my Megane but I really miss the Clio :( and then I was browsing today and came across it for sale :(

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201404173416538?atmobcid=soc4

it was only sold a month or so ago I spend a fortune on it but the lad who bought it still had finance on another car and ended up not being able to keep both so traded them both in :(

So gutted I had a huge build thread - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?675190-Rescuing-my-182

Does it make anyone a bit gutted when you see your car like this or am I just being sad ?

Ironically, saw this in the for sale section and pm'd the guy, never got a reply!
Tried to get an insurance quote using my old Clio 182 reg and it came up not found, got the same result when i tried to see if it was taxed-must be scrapped now, I spent loads of time and money to get it sorted. Made me sad, haad some good times in it!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Saw this when I was looking for my first car. Fell in love with it.
Mini%201.jpg

Mini%205.jpg

Sadly the condition was just too poor for me to have as a daily. Severe rust issues and a fucked engine.

But it was f**king miles away, in the middle of nowhere. I thought I'd never see it again.

Some fucker who lives 5 minutes away from me bought it and keeps it on their drive. It hasn't moved since it got there so I presume it is still fucked.
Photo%2009-04-2014%2003%2056%2011%20pm.png

I am one day going to end up on that doorstep with a wad of 50's in my hand asking to rescue that car.

Clio 182/207cc GT
I sold my beautiful black 93' 16v Clio back in 2006 2 months later the guy had written it off I was gutted! i still pine over it now, the thing was just so much fun to drive!!

Always around Tunstall area.

yeah that's him he was there , apprently has a fiesta ST now :/

I've owned my current clio 3 times since about 2003. It's like a dose of Herpes, keeps coming back.

haha that genuinely made me laugh out loud !

My old Fiesta ST-

7865969290_a53d398388_c.jpg

tomc1 by tommo1991, on Flickr

8469352488_ef07227d30_c.jpg

IMG_3662 by tommo1991, on Flickr

It was genuinely a mint car. Literally not a mark on any panel and only a very small number of minor stone chips. Full Ford service history from new. Was 100% standard, drove perfectly like a brand new car (it even smelt new inside). I loved it!

Anyway, the guy I sold it to drove by me a couple of months ago and he has completely ruined it!! 'Slammed', stupidly loud backbox (Note, not exhaust system, JUST the backbox has been changed), soft toys hanging from the rear bumper, centre caps missing, stickers all over it, and best of all, the plastics have been sprayed WHITE!!! :evil::evil::evil::evil:

that looks mint !!! Hate white plastics on these look cheap and tacky!

I sold my beautiful black 93' 16v Clio back in 2006 2 months later the guy had written it off I was gutted! i still pine over it now, the thing was just so much fun to drive!!

Gutted for mate nothing worse :( I miss the Clio revs , mine was 98 Ron mapped and it felt like it revved forever ! This meg limits a lot earlier 6.5k , the Clio was 7800 ! Although the meg pull harder to 6.5