ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seized coilover adjuster rings...

Rb 182
Long story short i got a set of Seized Fk's on the Clio i bought. Ive been trying to get them moving again. How after much swearing, blood, and tears i got to the last shock and found a crack in one of the adjuster rings.

Pain in the hoop.

I've had a look on the FK website, the UK one is a direct translation from the German site so its not exactly clear.

I was looking at these.

http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en...-for-coilover-suspension-Set-of-4-oxid-1.html

Am i right in thinking that these are to replace the adjuster rings on the coilover or am i really barking up the wrong tree??

Dave

GTD, Lupo
This happened to a set I had and I left them in a tray of coke (drink type) over night. As good as new in the morning!

GTD, Lupo
Best bet is to keep on calling them, or pop on a vw forum and ask around. Try edition38 as most people on there use FKs and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

Rb 182
Best bet is to keep on calling them, or pop on a vw forum and ask around. Try edition38 as most people on there use FKs and I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

Yeah hopefully, was hoping Fred or some other hero would pop along and Send me a link to solve all my problems.

Rb 182
cant you weld the ring back together or is the heat to much for it?

possibly get one made at a machine shop ?

The rings are ally so i wouldnt want to heat it up getting it welded. Id never trust my car ro sit on the platform so not a option.

You can buy new rings, but you cant repace them without splitting the coilover down. Tried that and its not coming apart very easily.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ahh i see. iv only ever left a tiny bit of copper grease on the ring to stop it getting stuck. so hopefully i dont end up in the same situation.

seems a rate ball ache to me. as everyone else says, best to get in contact with people in the knowhow of your adjustables

Rb 182
ahh i see. iv only ever left a tiny bit of copper grease on the ring to stop it getting stuck. so hopefully i dont end up in the same situation.

seems a rate ball ache to me. as everyone else says, best to get in contact with people in the knowhow of your adjustables

Im going to try speak to fk. But the website is shocking. Lots of grease, always use plenty lube IMO. If someone had kept these ones lubbed up they wouldn't be in the current state.

Rb 182
Just to update this, Ive managed to remove all the rings now and in the process of cleaning everything up.

Just need to order up a full set of rings now.