ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

self service

going to service my 172 myself . can u guys tell me all the bits i need to do it oil filter air filter fresh oil what else do i need to do . i would put it into a garage but we have just had a new baby and cash is tight right now . cheers

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
air filter
pollen filter
oil filter
oil
spark plugs
check all levels and top up inc gearbox
check brakes and adjust if needed
check all lights are working
tyre pressures
wipers?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
how many years and miles has it done?

main things changed on a basic service for a 172 are:

oil and filter
air filter
pollen filter

other things such as spark plugs and fuel filter are mileage dependant.

its a 02 plate with 60k on the clock the belts was done in june this year the car runs fine i am just looking to do a service on it my self as the service book sayes it was last done at 40k . and i think it may be time for another one . how much cash will it cost me to buy the parts needed to service my car thanks

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
depends if you are going to use renault parts or normal ones id say £60-£70 not 100% on that though mate

oil/filter & air filter will cost you about that (^) from Renault; that's 5/40 oil though, which accounts for most of the cost

depends how thorough you want to be, as there's a little more to the inspection service, which is arguably just as important as changing the service parts

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
oil filter £5
air filer £10
pollen filter £10
spark plugs £10 x 4
oil £25

allow around £100 inc vat for them item's all being OE spec prices too.

big thanks guys . a £100 notes is fair i think . what oil should i use whats good what grade and semi sinthetic am i right is saying this yes