ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sell as standard or in Replica form?

Revels Mum & Sister
Keep as is but do not be one of these butt plugs who think because they have modded it means they can add the cost of the mods on top of the value of the car!

Yeah I'm no n00b chap but cheers for the thought, selling it a price that shows its worth in terms of condition, but also its age and mileage.

You can as we thought about insuring my sister on it when she started to learn.

Revels Mum & Sister
No doubt it would command a slight premium to the right person if you are in no rush to sell. Or price it the same as equiv wagons with condition/age/mileage and it will stand out and be snapped up.

Looks well though!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Try and sell it as it is I guess and see how you go? If not having any luck then swap the bits back to standard, your more likely to make more money that way but its gunna such an arse!!

I cant see a problem selling it as it is though, looks like a quality motor. Shame your not staying with Clios :(

Where are you getting this from?? Zurich Premiere insured me from 17 onwards, with quite a large list of the mods I have on my car :S Also got quotes from Direct Line and a load of others . . .

And I would also like to add that most of the boys and girls on here have heavily modded cars at the age of 19-25.

then they are not declaring them. I couldnt even get insured on my 200 with cup chasis as it was classed as a mod. It may be a recent thing however, do a bit of searching as ask a few questions and you will see this. The ones who said the 25 thing are;
Direct line
Churchill
prudential
privilage
AA
Virgin
sainsburys
asdas
tescos...

The ones who said yes,
adrian flux
elephant (only accept factory fitted mods)
admiral
swinton
Highway (which are a hot hatch department of LV)

then they are not declaring them. I couldnt even get insured on my 200 with cup chasis as it was classed as a mod. It may be a recent thing however, do a bit of searching as ask a few questions and you will see this. The ones who said the 25 thing are;
Direct line
Churchill
prudential
privilage
AA
Virgin
sainsburys
asdas
tescos...

The ones who said yes,
adrian flux
admiral
swinton
Highway (which are a hot hatch department of LV)

Lol, so Justin on here, driving a Lambo Gallardo at 22 obviously isn't insured as, presumably, his 5l V10 is a hell of a lot worse than someone's lowered suspension?!

Think you need to ring around a little more mate/hun (Lou or Louis?).

And just to add, I know a friend's Focus is heavily but tastefully modded, fully declared because he isn't stupid (and we took it France and insured myself with a covernote from them as well). He is with Direct Line and is 23, 24 this year.

The 25 rule is the point where insurance becomes easier to obtain. It doesn't mean it is unobtainable before that.

i think you mean lou/louise im lou (Man) Look i agree with you its stupid however is a blanket policy there is no room for negotiation, if you dont believe me just call one of the ones i said on the list...

Lol, mate, I'm not going to bother arguing with you as you are just not getting the point. You may have been rejected, but it is not a blanket policy. If it was, there would be no exceptions to the rule . . . which there are!

Hi, I'm Jamie and I'm 23. My car is technically modded (suspension, brakes, engine etc) and I have insurance. Done.

Confused.com covers a lot of those insurance companies. Why would they ask this if 90% of the results returned would say "we don't insure you";

<LI class=even originalClass="even">
How much is the car worth? https://www.confused.com/motor/form#null

<LI class=odd originalClass="odd" dynamicEval="PropertyEquals('Risk-Vehicle-WebVehicleNotBoughtYet','True')" dynamicClass="disabled">
When did you buy the car?
MONTH January February March April May June July August September October November DecemberI haven't bought the car yet

<LI class=even originalClass="even">
Is the car an import? https://www.confused.com/motor/form#null
Please select... N/A UK Model Euro Import - UK Spec Euro Import - Non UK Spec Japanese Import US Import

<LI class=odd originalClass="odd">
Does the car have any modifications? https://www.confused.com/motor/form#null
YesNo Car Modifications

• Alloy wheels (non standard)
  • Alloy wheels (optional extra)
  • Blueprinting
  • Body coloured bumpers
  • Bodykit (non standard)
  • Bodykit (optional extra)
  • Bonnet bulge/grill
  • Brakes - uprated
  • Bull bars
  • Dual controls
  • Engine - bored out
  • Engine - non standard
  • Engine - other alterations
  • Engine - standard replacement
  • Engine chip 00-10% inc BHP
  • Engine chip 11-25% inc BHP
  • Engine chip 26%+ inc BHP
  • Exhaust/manifold-non standard
  • Exterior decorative changes
  • Filters (non standard)
  • Interior changes
  • Liquid petroleum gas
  • Modification due to disability
  • Rally/spot lights
  • Respray (different colour)
  • Roll Cage / Roll Bars
  • Side skirts/sills
  • Spoiler - rear
  • Spoiler/airdam - front
  • Supercharging
  • Suspension lowered (<5cm)
  • Suspension lowered (5-12.5cm)
  • Suspension other (not lowered)
  • Transmission changes
  • Turbocharging
  • Valence - rear
  • Wheel arches
  • Windows - Front Darkened > 30%
  • Windows - Rear Darkened > 30%
  • Windows - Tinted < 30%

120d M Sport
Sell as it is IMO, its too nice to put back to standard and its modified appearance should be a big selling point.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Hi, I'm Jamie and I'm 23. My car is technically modded (suspension, brakes, engine etc) and I have insurance. Done.
Hi, I'm Matt and I'm 19. My car is technically modded (induction kit, exhaust, colour coding, stripped interior, ICE, etc) and I have insurance. Done.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I agree it is very nice, but will any potential buyers see it that way? Surely someone after a 1.2 will be a new driver and in most cases won't know what's what with a Clio and want a bot standard one.

do a quote dude, 3 companies will come up

I did last night for a Leon Cupra R with new wheels, brakes, remap and buckets. Tescos, Virgin Money and who ever else (list of 15 out of 84 searched) came back . . .

I'm not trying to mis-lead you fella!

Yeah, hence looking on CS really Matt. If someone off here buys it (stays in the club etc), excellent.

If not, it will be standardised for general public and part ex in dealerships.

120d M Sport
Hi, I'm Matt and I'm 19. My car is technically modded (induction kit, exhaust, colour coding, stripped interior, ICE, etc) and I have insurance. Done.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I agree it is very nice, but will any potential buyers see it that way? Surely someone after a 1.2 will be a new driver and in most cases won't know what's what with a Clio and want a bot standard one.

But most people that are after 1.2 Clio's are young people and would much prefer the looks of JD's to a standard one. I know had it been a year ago when I bought mine I'd of snapped it up straight away. The fact its modified is irrelevant because its been done so tastefully, and has obviously been cherished.

Good luck with the sale anyway. Dont put back to standard ;)

Not true, I'm only 18 and have a 1.2 with modified wheels, exhaust, suspension etc insured with Elephant.

I reckon leave it modified, a lot of hassle stripping and obtaining parts to put it back to standard.

320d
I'd sell it as it Jamie. Its a realy nice car, if I was 17 again i'd realy like it.

With regards to insurance i've got it at 19 on a modded 172, ok it is only ph2 lights and exhaust but I can add more with no increase in premium. Thats with flux. Members like f0xy have had 1.2's with cage's etc at 17/18 so its possible.

Right im sad i know but im annoyed no one believes me. I just called biba (british insurance brokers association) they said that from this year onwards many insurance companies have a blanket policy that say if its modded and ur under 25 they cant help you. I never said you cannot get insurance i just said you cant with most of them which biba just confirmed. Its cos there is an under written policy that most of the insurance companies adopt.
Jamie, ur right im not arguing anymore about it.done.

ps. i dont know about the elephant thing, the lady who set up my insurance with elephant said they dont insure non factory modded cars but nevermind.

Good luck selling it.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
tbh at the price you want 3250 (cant remember after reading everything lol )
I would split it straight away surely worth the effort to gain some extra money especially if the top mounts were bought for the 150 quid stated!

320d
Right im sad i know but im annoyed no one believes me. I just called biba (british insurance brokers association) they said that from this year onwards many insurance companies have a blanket policy that say if its modded and ur under 25 they cant help you. I never said you cannot get insurance i just said you cant with most of them which biba just confirmed. Its cos there is an under written policy that most of the insurance companies adopt.
Jamie, ur right im not arguing anymore about it.done.

ps. i dont know about the elephant thing, the lady who set up my insurance with elephant said they dont insure non factory modded cars but nevermind.

Good luck selling it.

Fair enough but if theres demand for insuring modded cars there will be supply. Companies like flux will still do mods.

At the end of the day saying no under 25's having modded cars will just lead to more cars without valid insurance on the road.

This country has the worst policies ever. Realy gets my back up.