ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling my 172, advice needed.

Hi guys,

Well, its been a great 2 1/2 years, but Im thinking of selling my 172. :cry: Im in the lucky position where I can walk to work everyday, and Ive got myself a landy to ferry my bike and kit about at weekends. Therefore the use my 172 is getting just isnt justifying the cost of the finance... insurance... tax. Bugger. And then theres the shiney new Cannondale in the bike window on the way to work... ;)

So my question is this... I currently have outstanding finance on the car, most likely more than the value. Do I have to inform R Finance that Im selling up before I can sell, and change the finance from HP to a personal loan? Can I simply sell the car back to the dealer and pay the difference? What have other people done in this position?

Thanks for any info and advice! :)

Tinium.

PS. Red Mk2 172, 42k, 1/2 year left on warrenty, new exhast baffler, f1s and brakes all round, hasnt been on a trackday etc, very cood condition (ie, no rattles!). What kind of price can I expect? Oooh.. this is going to hurt. :(

Renault will offer approx £6500 - 7000 IMO.

You could sell it privately - just make sure you pay the finance off straight away. Ring the finance company and find out a settlement quotation.

You may find that you can just hand the car back to the finance company with nothing more to pay - if youve paid above a certain amount. Is it through first national??

Work out which is going to give you the best deal (selling privately, but its a pain in the arse) and do it.

320d M Sport

Im selling mine private and paying RFS off.

Youre lucky u went for a red one, theyre super rare!! like mine :D

I just bought a silver one from a dealer, approx same age/mileage which was up for £8500. Most on Autotrader were up for £9000ish.

TDI tyre shreader

Cannondales rock i remember my old Cad 5 with c 2s went like stink was an awesome bike.

Thanks for the info! Ill sort the various options out and see which one makes the most sense financially. Will let you know if Im selling it privately of course ;)

Yep, cannondales most definitely rock! Have been abusing my F800 a bit too much, so definitely tempted to go all out for a full suss gemini!