ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling old PC

Leon Cupra
I’m going to be selling my old system as im getting a new beast on saturday:D:D. what you recon I should ask for it??

AMD Athlon XP2000+
Arctic Cooling Copper Silent heatsink and fan
1024mb ram
ATI Radeon 9600XT
Pioneer 105 DVD writer
DVD reader
PCI Ethernet 10/100 card
USB 2.0 PCI card
17” CRT
Keyboard
Microsoft optical mouse

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Best thing to do Tim (imo) would be to keep it as a workhorse PC. Use it for downloads, CD/DVD burning, i-Tunes, and printer connections, etc - and leave your new 'beast' as pure as you can for the job you want it to do.

My main doesn't have any of that crap on it. I reserve all boring duties to the old XP3200 system at the side of it.

D.

Leon Cupra R 225
Best thing to do Tim (imo) would be to keep it as a workhorse PC. Use it for downloads, CD/DVD burning, i-Tunes, and printer connections, etc - and leave your new 'beast' as pure as you can for the job you want it to do.

My main doesn't have any of that crap on it. I reserve all boring duties to the old XP3200 system at the side of it.

D.

2nded. Or you could give it to me for nowt?! lol ;)

Leon Cupra

D.

Mmmm doesnt sound like a bad idea but i just need someware to put it

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I've sold a few by advertising in the supermarkets. I can't be arsed having lots of beige boxes sitting around the place so I try to have only one PC at a time. Sold a 1.3ghz/384mb PC with screen etc all set up for £100 recently no problems, had people phoning after it was gone as well. You can load it up with software for "demonstration purposes", that always makes it more attractive ;)

Leon Cupra
I've sold a few by advertising in the supermarkets. I can't be arsed having lots of beige boxes sitting around the place so I try to have only one PC at a time. Sold a 1.3ghz/384mb PC with screen etc all set up for £100 recently no problems, had people phoning after it was gone as well. You can load it up with software for "demonstration purposes", that always makes it more attractive ;)

Not a bad idea. Might put it up on the pin board in the office. Suppose it’ll be a good PC for someone who’s only just getting into the whole broadband generation and just want to surf the net and send emails.

Revels Mum & Sister
b****cks to keeping it as a work horse

Stick in local paper. Some tard will buy it dude! Allways do

Use the new PC for EVERYTHING else whats the point in having it IMO

I use my beast every day!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
b****cks to keeping it as a work horse

Stick in local paper. Some tard will buy it dude! Allways do

Use the new PC for EVERYTHING else whats the point in having it IMO

I use my beast every day!

So if you had a Ferrari 430 and a Focus 1.6, you'd still use the 430 to take sh1t to the tip in? Or take it to the local scally chippy where it would be primed for some abuse?

Personally, I'd reserve the 430 for my favourite A-roads and posing like a bell-end when I wanted to. For the other daily life crap, the Focus would be used. No different with PCs. Bogging it down with all sorts of crap, when you don't need to!

D.

Revels Mum & Sister
It was indeed as it was frankly a completely s**t comparison ;)

Who are you calling youth you hobo ;)