ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling standard Vs Modded

PH1 Oddy, M140i
WTF?

I can understand to a degree. personal preferences, insurance, but if its just the odd 'carbon splitter' why bother?

On this note I am considering a sale of my 172 and I know that I will get more money for my parts if I strip them (Cams, LEDAs, IK etc) but is there a chance someopne will pay the money to have all these things on there?

Discuss....

RS Clio 200
depends if you have all the standard parts of have sold them.

In mycase ive sold everything, so would cost me more to sell as standard than i would get back on all the mod parts

Stock always is better people want to spend the money tunning th car themselves not buy a pre done car very often.

Maz

LY 200
Had the same problem when selling my car and my mods were only wheels, exhaust etc

Seems people want to buy a car that hasnt been messed with even if they are planning on messing with it themselves lol

Clio 172 mk2
I'd say a good exhaust and some wheels like Turinis that are actually factory fitted on the cups would be fine when selling/buying a Clio.

seat arosa 1.4 tdi
depends whos buying, a standard car is open to a bigger market
(an old lady mite want it) wud be cool to sell a modded car to a nice little old lady tho.:rasp:

111s
Good question!
I'm thinking of selling mine soon.....if anyones intrested??. Your's has more mods but mine are more easily swapped back. HillPower elbow,inlets and fuel reg, eibachs, ktec stealth and speedline chrono's. I've got all the standard bits to offer as well though. (apart from the exhaust)
I suppose with a standard car trade-in prices will increase.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
i would prefur to get those bits with the car intead of having to pay an extra £100 plus in mods

but every car i have sold has sold so much easyer standard

i think people think it wont be ragged if its standard but thats not always true

RenaultSport 172
People like buying standard because it gives them the impression that the car hasn\'t been messed about with and bodged up by some monkey.

PH1 Oddy, M140i
People like buying standard because it gives them the impression that the car hasn\'t been messed about with and bodged up by some monkey.

I see your point. Oh well, it looks like im gonna have to standifier her!! Watch this space for lots of cheap mods from my car coming your way soon!!

Oh and if anyone knows of a nice Impreza/evo for sale let me know....thats whats coming next!