ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling the Cup

I know alot of you might slate me, but i am thinking of exchanging my cup for a Civic Type R. Honda are willing to settle my finance with renault and offer me a second hand siver typre r with aircon for around £14000 with 15000miles on the clock.

The only reason why i am doing this is because i have taken my cup into the local dealer 16 times in one year for all sorts of problems. I am fed up with there attitude, anything that goes wrong with the car always leads to me having to pay for it. i Have spent over £1000 changing parts since i hit my car a year ago. Once all the parts were changed Renault said i am being paranoid and nothing wrong with the car.

I test drove the new type r, it felt lovely to drive, dont get me wrong, i love my cup but i have lost so much time on the road due to the car always being at the dealer, it always tramlines and pulls all over the place, the suspension makes a knocking noise, renault never want to help.

The payments on the type r will roughly be the same every month, i dont want to get rid of the cup but i have no choice, im simply not happy with the car. I know the cup has torque steer and depending on the road surfaces the cars does tend to tramline, but mine does it 24/7 on any surfaces.

Do you lot think i am getting a good deal on the type r, or should i just stick with the cup and be miserable.I know that when a cup is 100% its a lovely car to drive, but its simply not the case. I have posted a few comments in the past for my car tramlining etc, most cup owners dont have these problems.

Please please any advice would greatly be appreciated am i doing the right thing, is £14000 alot of money for a second hand type r.

Cheers.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

THATS A LOT OF MONEY MATE ,BUT IF YOU WANT THE SAME SPEED AND RELIABILITY THEN I DONT BLAME YOU,IF ID BEEN IN THAT MANY TIMES ID PROBABLY DO THE SAME.

SUCH A SHAME RENAULT CANT GET IT RIGHT.HOWEVER ID SHOP AROUND FOR A BETTER DEAL THAN THAT

GOOD LUCK,

IAN

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ooooow my ears!!

Im your unhappy mate what can you do.

14k is loony money.

Tappd'd RS

yeah, you can get good deals on new ones - it means you get the new 2004 shape too ;)

Clio 197

Sounds like you got a bit of a lemon. No one little thing wrong with mine in 11,000km. And that includes a lot of high speed driving and also a good few laps of the Nürburgring.

Knock on wood...

Honda have just rang me back with a better deal.

They want to offer me the new face lifted version for around 14.5k they will buy my cup for around 9k settle the finance with renault. The new face lifted version has done 1000miles, has aircon ets, sounds like a better deal to me.

Its the gun metal grey colour, still dont know what to do.

my mrs had a 1.2 16v Clio from June 02 until December 02, it was such a bag a sh*t, in and out the dealers having new parts left right and centre and we also had steering problems where by it didnt feel like it had a centre point, so you had to steer it all the time - we got fed up and chucked it in loosing £2k - rash decission but we were sick of it........

As for a Civic, a UK supplied Civic RRP is £16k with a/c £17k. £14k isnt too bad for a dealer selling a UK car, but i realise when you are financially commited to a car, the deal comes in £ / month......

Clio v6

Wouldnt it be funny if you found out the owner of the second hand CTR traded it in to by a Cup from your Renault dealer.

Did the CTR owner have his car into Honda 16 times in a year?

Tappd'd RS

He hopes not!

Cosmic Grey is the Gun Metal colour and it looks mint - Well, I would say that, wouldnt I?

Megane 225

Quote: Originally posted by RAY 187 on 11 March 2004

Honda have just rang me back with a better deal.

They want to offer me the new face lifted version for around 14.5k they will buy my cup for around 9k settle the finance with renault. The new face lifted version has done 1000miles, has aircon ets, sounds like a better deal to me.

Its the gun metal grey colour, still dont know what to do.

Snap that one up mate, for sure! Its not about keeping a car longer that its warranty is worth anyway.

thanks for all the advice.

My cup tramlines on all surfaces, and also has no centre point on the steering wheel, it feels like the steering wheel can go 2/3 inches either way without any response from the wheels. I know it sounds really stupid but honestly thats the case. I have tried asking so many other cup owners if there car does the same thing, but no one seems to have these problems.

Its a lovely motor when 100% but what else can i do if renult dont want to help me. They have told me that nothing is wrong with my car, and to stop being paranoid. I have had the trading standards involved aswell, they even tried to sort the problem out but had no luck. Renault said they would look at my car but they would charge me if nothing was found.

Its such a shame because the cup is an awesome car, but i feel very gutted that the problem was never found.

14000 is definitely a lot for a used type-r.

Its worth trying to get an extended test drive in the honda cos mine had a lot of problems with steering pulling to the right and tramlining, which prompted me to get rid of it in the end, after numerous visits to my dealership.

Sounds like your cup is really sick tough :( I know how you feel it just pisses you off so much when you lover everyhting else about the car but the goddamn dealerships cant get their act together. Youu lose faith in the end...

Check out www.civictype-r.co.uk theres a really good forum there and youll find a lot of info on cars with steering problems.