ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling...what would you do?

audi a6 3.0tdi
Right as it stands my phase 1 is currently stripped out with 1 bucket seat. I was going to use it for european roadtrips and the ring but i much prefer the vectra so i'm going to sell it. I'm not sure what to do wether to advertise it as it is and hope someone wants a stripped out warrior or source an interior.

If i was to source an interior would you stick with a ph1 standard interior or would you upgrade it to a full phase 2 inside? Would it put you off seeing a ph1 with a ph2 interior?

The car is great but the stripped out look makes it look a mess and unless you want it for track its not going to appeal to lots of people.

What should i do?

PH1 iceburg
Stick to original. I think more people will look at it beacause you wont have to explain why it has been changed. And less chance of them thinking its had the nuts squeezed out of it.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Really makes me wish i hadn't sold two ph1 interiors and chuck all the plastics and carpets away lol

epic fail on my part but then again i wasn't going to sell it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Given the hassle and cost of sorting an interior, would it not be worth more in parts?

audi a6 3.0tdi
Given the hassle and cost of sorting an interior, would it not be worth more in parts?

I broke my previous ph1 and yes it makes more money but its a s**t load of hassle and its not worth the risk of selling half of it and being stuck with a useless car.

The car is really good and had quite a few new parts on it as i wanted to get it like new for the road trips, its got new driveshafts £250, engine mounts £250 ish from yozza, samco hoses £200, all new exhaust mounts, blueflame ehaust, pipercross filter, sparco steering wheel, snapoff boss, omp wrc seat with sparco harness, 6000k hids. I even got the car de dented when i bought it. It would make someone a really good ph1 and its a waste having it sat in my back yard doing nothing when someone could be enjoying it.

I'm going to start looking for an interior as it will make someone a really nice car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd advertise as it is for couple of weeks. If there's not much interest then I'd look for an interior.

Thats what I'd do. No harm in trying and if you get lucky you could save yourself a load of aggro.

While we are on the subject,

how well do the PH1's break for parts when they are in standard form??

Is there a big demand for parts??

PS. I would just source a standard ph1 interior, the more standard it is the more you will make back from selling your uprated bits like seats HID's etc

Yodi

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I am interested in buying a track car, was interested in waiteys but cant afford it until after xmas.

If your ok waiting until after xmas to sell it then pm me details/pics.

audi a6 3.0tdi
As jesus said i've just got his ph2 interior i'm going to do the dash as well which may take some time but will look tonnes better and gives me something to do. It shouldn't look so bad when its done.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Anyone know how good they are as breakers then?

Depends if you can be bothered with all the people hassling you to basically give stuff away and you are in no rush to get rid of everything. I broke my first ph1 about a year ago and i've still got bits. I wouldn't break a runner i'd only do it if it was crashed damaged.

audi a6 3.0tdi
engine- 500
gearbox- 250
subframes-150
driveshafts-50
headlights-70
front fogs-30
rear lights-30
steering wheel-30
wings-25 each
doors-50 each
interior- 200