ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sensors

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Can somebody tell me what these sensors for? # 1, 3 and 4.

Do they need cleaning? and how of course?

untitledth2.jpg

Last edited:
  RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
thanks mate, how can I clean them. Soaking in petrol is fine? or should I use some sort of WD40 thing?

Audi TT 225
Yep carb cleaner only, tbh theres no point cleaning the air temp sensor, the MAP sensor is very costly so be careful with it.
I know the inside of my plenum gets a little oily which builds up over time from the breathers etc.

Anywho probably no point cleaning them imo!

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
the inside of my plenum gets a little oily which builds up over time from the breathers etc.

that's the reason, having fitted viper previously and now an ITG panel, I would say it is pretty oily in there.

can't see how that would make any difference? The crankcase breather is after the airfilter so no more blowpass is going to be coming into the charge with the viper than say with the stock filter?

I think the MAP sensor just measure barometric pressure, therefore it either works or it doesn't, no point in cleaning it.

You may be thinking of a MAF sensor?