ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seriously cheap plasma

Audi TT
Is this really a great deal? Tesco have some good deals on at the minute. They have some LCD's that aren't a great brand but on looking into it the LCD panels are made by Philips.

Z4
Is this really a great deal? Tesco have some good deals on at the minute. They have some LCD's that aren't a great brand but on looking into it the LCD panels are made by Philips.

It's a cracking deal.

I'm not after an lcd, the picture is inferior tbh, panasonic plamas with 1080hd and 100hz ftw :)

Audi TT
I'm not big into my home cinema so not sure what the main differences are between LCD and Plasma to be fair.

Just seemed expensive in comparison to similar sized LCD's that I've seen.

What makes this panasonic plasma so great?

cheers :)

Megane Mk4
I'm not after an lcd, the picture is inferior tbh, panasonic plamas with 1080hd and 100hz ftw :)
Can of worms?

Pro's and cons to that argument all over. LCD is better at some things and Plasma is better at other things.

Still, for the price in the OP, it's a good deal.

Z4
I'm not big into my home cinema so not sure what the main differences are between LCD and Plasma to be fair.

Just seemed expensive in comparison to similar sized LCD's that I've seen.

What makes this panasonic plasma so great?

cheers :)

It's not all about the size ;)
No really, it isn't. The things you need to be looking at when purchasing a tv are: brand (panasonic and pioneer tend to be the best), 100/200hz, 1080hd (full hd), and the contrast ratio.

It depends what you're after, I like quality goods so would always pay the extra.

Can of worms?

Pro's and cons to that argument all over. LCD is better at some things and Plasma is better at other things.

Still, for the price in the OP, it's a good deal.

Not really, its my personal opinion, a panasonic plasma will piss all over most lcds tbh.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
For the difference in quality between a plasma and LCD which imo isn't that great, its not worth the money and the whole having your plasma recharged and the issue of potential burning on the screen.

Unless your an absolute homosexual geek with nothing else in your life other than your TV then its really unnecessary imo, a decent LCD is just fine.

Z4
For the difference in quality between a plasma and LCD which imo isn't that great, its not worth the money and the whole having your plasma recharged and the issue of potential burning on the screen.

Unless your an absolute homosexual geek with nothing else in your life other than your TV then its really unnecessary imo, a decent LCD is just fine.

I'm guessing you own an lcd?

a green 1
and from what ive seen looks like led will p*ss over both so save youre pennies and buy one of those, simples!

Last edited:
  Fabia vRS
http://www.electronicworldtv.co.uk seems to be seriously cheap.

Anyone recommend a full HD set from the ones on there for less than £500?

i tried buying from them a while ago and they never had the bloody things in stock, they kept telling me they were waiting on delivery of a few models i was after.

plus they do not deliver, you HAVE to go pick up the tv from one of their 5 branches.

also from their website...

lectronicworldtv.co.uk sells 'graded' products'. These are televisions that High Street retailers can't sell for whatever reason and we buy in bulk from them. The TVs might be either surplus stock, end of line, discontinued models, 30 days customer returns or unwanted presents. When we receive our deliveries from High Street retailers the televisions are generally in an as new condition but they may have packaging that is damaged or minor cosmetic blemishes.

megane/clio
i bought a brand new samsung surround system from tec7 , which was over £150 cheaper than anywhere else , it is only collection luckily they had what i wanted in their store near me

Z4
Bugger, it was sold :(

I'm tempted to get one of these 'buy now, pay next year' or something similar, I mean I have the cash but that's y car fund tbh! Is there a catch to these offers? And what shops do them?

I know bennets and dixons do, but they don't have the tvs I want at a decent price!

In my house we have 2 Panasonic plasmas - a 42" PX60 and a 46" TX47GC10, bother cracking TV's.

A Sumsung LCD in my room, 32" - forgot the model number but it was one recomended by magazines/reviews/av forums for my budget at the time (£500).

Oh and a Panasonic CRT TV... 36". Weighs 80KG's but is still a cracking TV, can't beat CRTs.

The difference between LCD/Plasma is minimal. LCD for smaller TV's and Plasma for larger ones i would say.

Would love a Pioneer Kuro :(

what ever you own you aint got a clue it seems

YOU DONT RECHARGE PLASMAS !!!!!!!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, but thats not why i have said what i have, i could of bought either but after weighing up the pro's and con's and comparing picture quality i really didn't see the fuss about plasma tv's.

You clearly have no eyes :p

Only the very latest LCD's can even compete with the plasmas on PQ, and even then the plasmas are still better buys.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
My eyes are fine, i just didn't see that the difference was huge, you could see a minor difference, but come on, whats wrong with a normal LCD tv, the picture quality is perfectly suitable, you don't have to recharge it or any of that b****cks and although plasma tv's are coming down in price, an LCD is still better value for money.

I do not see that spending piles of cash on a TV is going to make you enjoy a film anymore than if you watched it on a tv costing much less.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
What the f**k is this s**t about recharging? What the f**k are you on about?! It's not f**king portable!

If a 40" LCD is 700 quid, and a 42" plasma is the same price, generally the plasma is going to be better.. so VFM can suck my hairy nut sack

Dirty LCD loving monkeys :p

Oil Burner
For the difference in quality between a plasma and LCD its not worth the money and the whole having your plasma recharged and the issue of potential burning on the screen.

that old kettle of fish lol, Why plasma has got these urban myths about it im not sure. Sure burning is true, but to give you an example the large retailer i work for made a balls up recently and managed to produce a demo dvd that had long periods of stationary pictures...repeated for 30 mins for 9 hours a day. We got a message asking us to remove this feed from Samsung and LG Plasmas, but not Panasonics, on inspection the Samsungs and lg's have been damaged (despite pixel shift etc... that Samsung raves about), but the panasonics are untouched.

I agree a decent Panasonic Plasma will beat anything going at the moment, even the LED's, they are impressive but their colour range and the look of the colours on screen is still not better (in appearance) than a plasmas'

However if LED or OLED Tv's start to sort colour accuracy (subtle colours, i dont want my yes burned out) then i know what my upgrade will be, they are very impressive tv's. (to comment on the above comment, the LED's black is easily comparable to Plasma, if not better, they just need to get the rest of the colours sorted now)

Oil Burner
lol led have a much wider colour range than plasma

The colour accuracy is pants, you watch a bluray on an LED next to a plasma, the Plasma gives a much more Natural picture. The whites dont look like they have come straight from a Daz commercial for example. My opinion is the Plasma is better than the LED still, ive looked at them for ages next to each other.

Besides the fact the Panasonic is so heavy you need a forklift to move it, i do love the LEDS for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie
I hope you didn't buy that.. tis last years technology, the newer panels are cheaper

http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk/panasonic/tx-p42x10.html
1080i?

The G10 is the more comparable model this year, altho because its got freesat its really more like the pz81 from last year

the led sets have more serious issues than bright whites though mainly bad uniformity of lighting etc

but to be fair they are only a few months old compared to plasmas 10 years or so