ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv, ABS and TC light not fixed

Clio RS 182
If anyone has any input that would be great as i'm at a loose end.

Basically driving home from work and the Serv, ABS and TC lights came on, turned the car off and back on and the lights dissappeared.

This happened a couple more times so I checked the ECU fro fault codes and found none,

I followed the following post to adjust the brake light switch.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=307978&highlight=brake+switch
This didnt work

I have checked the brake fluid, bled the brakes and even changed both front calipers as a bleed nipple snapped whist I was bleeding them.
Still not sorted the issue

The lights came on again today and I went to pull away from a set of lights quite quickly as I was in the wrong lane . As I pulled away the TC didnt kick in and i sat there for a sec wheel spinning.

This has left me a bit puzzled. I still think its a problem with a sensor but not sure which one?

I am left thinking the following but i could be way off as im not a trained mechaninc:
1 Do clios have independent TC sensors or does it reley on the same sensor as the ABS?
2 How expensive is it to replace the ABS ring and sensor, and if it a hard job??

Thanks for taking some time to help!!

clio 182 cup
If anyone has any input that would be great as i'm at a loose end.

Basically driving home from work and the Serv, ABS and TC lights came on, turned the car off and back on and the lights dissappeared.

This happened a couple more times so I checked the ECU fro fault codes and found none,

I followed the following post to adjust the brake light switch.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=307978&highlight=brake+switch
This didnt work

I have checked the brake fluid, bled the brakes and even changed both front calipers as a bleed nipple snapped whist I was bleeding them.
Still not sorted the issue

The lights came on again today and I went to pull away from a set of lights quite quickly as I was in the wrong lane . As I pulled away the TC didnt kick in and i sat there for a sec wheel spinning.

This has left me a bit puzzled. I still think its a problem with a sensor but not sure which one?

I am left thinking the following but i could be way off as im not a trained mechaninc:
1 Do clios have independent TC sensors or does it reley on the same sensor as the ABS?
2 How expensive is it to replace the ABS ring and sensor, and if it a hard job??

Thanks for taking some time to help!!

i had a smilar problem. turned out it was a blob of grease on my abs sensor where my cv boot had leaked. just wiped it off and put a new tie on the gaiter and didnt do it again.

Clio RS 182
i had a smilar problem. turned out it was a blob of grease on my abs sensor where my cv boot had leaked. just wiped it off and put a new tie on the gaiter and didnt do it again.

Thanks I will give it a go see if sorts the issue.