ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV, ABS and traction control lights all coming on!

Clio 182 Cup
Just bought a 182 Cup (my third 172/182 over the years), very happy with it but sometimes while driving the SERV, ABS and traction control lights all come on at once, car still drives fine and when I next start it lights are off, any ideas?
It has much modified suspension, an RS Tuner 98RON remap and KTec exhaust.

clio 182 trophy
Might be an ABS sensor mate. People have tried the brake pedal switch trick too, which for some has been the cause. There is a thread on here somewhere with a step-by-step guide of how to do it. Doesn't take long.

just noticed you have been on here since 2005 and this is your first post?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Tracking could be out.

Im stating the above as my tracking needed doing after having the track rod ends replaced, before i had the tracking done i had the same problems.

although as mentioned above, if tracking is fine i would guess it is an abs ring needed as i have had this problem in the past.

Clio 182 Cup
Thanks for the replies, know a friendly mechanic, will get him to read the fault codes.
Yes, bought an Inferno Orange 182 Cup new in 2005, joined the forum but spent more time on a Renaultsport forum so never posted, started trackdaying with it but bit expensive if I crashed so bought a 172 Cup, sold that in 2008, been mainly rallying since but gets expensive trying to be competitive and rally cars are no good as fun weekend cars so back to the Clios!

Clio 182 Cup
Got fault codes read today, interesting to watch, very different from years ago when I started playing around with cars.
Diagnosed a right rear ABS problem, will change the sensor and hope that solves it

Clio Trophy
Hi Derek. I got the same issue with my trophy 182 this weekend. Car hardly ever gets driven and has only done 57000 miles. I am also due a diagnostic test to see where the problem lies. Before I go changing bits, I will carry out the test. Mine came on when I started the car and would sometimes go out after restarting. I also noticed that when I pressed the brakes at around 50Mph (with faults not showing), all three faults would appear upon pressing brake pedal. If you could let me know if changing the sensor sorts the problem that would be great.

Many people say that I should check the Abs ring teeth but are these visible ? Could I simply get under the car with a torch to check ?

Other thing is checking if sensors are dirty? Where are they and how are they cleaned ?

If anyone could answer the questions above (ideally with pictures - for everyone benefit) that would be great.

Thanks