ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv & Airbag light...

Subaru Forrester

These have just come on and I cant get them to go off. The under-passenger-seat wires were soldered by Renault about a year ago and Ive checked these and theyre ok.

Anybody any ideas what this can be? Its going to Renault Kidderminster tomorrow morning to check it out - is it safe to drive?

The wires in the passenger footwell all look ok - except a brown and white pair which seem to have masking tape on them may have come apart. The connection in to the plastic box is fine.

Subaru Forrester

Well, theyre the nearest from my parents and I need it doing ASAP. Hopefully there isnt much scope for them to f**k my car up. :confused:

Stanced Honda S2000

is it covered under warranty altho my renault ones run out but ive gor a 3 year dealer one. dixons motors.

my airbag/serv lights lit up christmas morning much to my irritation and disgust... while i was in ireland on my holidays. there was a local dealer but im guessing they wouldnt have done warranty work on a 2 year old english car over xmas and new year!

reluctantly drove it a couple of times just waiting for the airbags to go bang (and cursing renault the whole time) and after a couple of days it went out again and has stayed out. i think it was something to do with my passenger seat as it came on after i had let ppl in the back on that side.

Well my airbag exploded(drivers seat) week a go after few minutes warning lights on(service and airbag light) Luckily i wasnt in the car, but the car was running at work place garage.

I drived the car in to the garage and went indoors wishing people to have a happy new year. When i got back after no longer than 1 minute, car was still running but seats airbag has exploded. WTF!!

So i called my local Renault dealer and they told me not to drive it and they would trail it. The car is still at local dealer. Luckily the warranty is still on.

Dont know when im going to get it back. Im now driving dealers substitute Clio 1.4 16V and its not bad, but i want my own car back!

Car is still in at the local dealer... Ring them today and they told me perhaps next week its ready :mad:

Its allready been there for over two weeks....

get it done as soon as poss... on carsurvey.org or something.. there was a guy whos passenger airbag went off while driving!!! lucky it wasnt the drivers side. he also had complained about warning light!

Stanced Honda S2000

ah, u lot gave me motivation to actually go to reno today. told em about my airbag and serv light, i said i know its a comment fault before they tried to say oh thats rare?! i have had it since 2002 and know that my reno warranty had run out, she then told me i have another 2 years dixons extended warrenty and i dont have to pay a penny. and she was dead fit. grrr. thumbs up for once !!

2012 WRX Waggon

mines been on for about 8 months now....defo the passenger side cos on the rare occations I carry a passenger it goes out.

bit worried about the fact it might actually deploy:eek: - surely this should merit a recall, or at least a warning from reno?

Think Ill book mine in ASAP, as it seems its alittle more serious then I first thought!

Stanced Honda S2000

what the lass told me (who was dead fit) siad that if u do prang the car with the light on it might not deploy. are reno stupid or summat. shud be a recall.

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 23 December 2003

good luck with Renault Kidderminster, they are crap!
I actually really like Kiddy Renault - their the only Minute Garage around here and damn they actually do stuff and talk to you and..... well.... their guys aint muppets - stood there watch their every move with my cars and they do the job right from my humble experience with them.

Quote: Originally posted by Mikko on 15 January 2004

Car is still in at the local dealer... Ring them today and they told me perhaps next week its ready :mad:

Its allready been there for over two weeks....

JIIIHAA! Car is finally ready after 4 weeks and 1 day. Not bad for a Renault dealer :devilish: