ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV + Airbag - wires driver's side

Clio II dci
Hello,

I got the serv + airbag lights on as far as i can remember, managed to turn them off like 2y ago for a couple months by cleaning the contacts but they came back, went to a shop and they said it was the airbag module which i believe is expensive to replace... but the thing is, now that i got a couple weeks free and been making QOL changes in it i see this;

Drivers's side;
IMG_20210814_164629.jpgIMG_20210814_164619.jpg

Passenger's side;
IMG_20210814_164716.jpgIMG_20210814_164721.jpg

It looks like the conectors are somewhat loose and messy from the previous owner..

My question is, which wires can i solder? Can i solder them all and tidy up everything?
Are those conectors just *connectors* ? Can i cut them off and eliminate the conectors ? All of them?

Sorry if this is a repeated question but i haven't found a clear picture of fully soldered connections on the seats of a Clio II ph 2 (04'), and since this is airbag stuff i'm trying to get clarification.

Probably the light will stay on, but at least i'm 100% sure it's not the connection here.

Thanks.

Clio II dci
update:

drivers side:

IMG_20211113_130257_Greatness.jpgIMG_20211113_130303_Greatness.jpgIMG_20211113_130237_Greatness.jpg

passenger side:
IMG_20211113_130351_Greatness.jpgIMG_20211113_130358_Greatness.jpgIMG_20211113_130407_Greatness.jpg

I ended up soldering up 1 connection on each side (1 was already tied up together on the passenger side, and i cleaned it up a bit and made it nice.
I only left out one connection on the passenger side which seems in good condition and has no cable snapped / broken.

Just updated here for someone in the future.

All in all... it cleared up 1 error in the ECU but the light stay'd on, i had to change the clockspring because it was broken (one end snapped) .
Now the light is gone and hopefully forever :p.

This is a dci 04' .

Last edited:
  Clio II dci
Did the warning lights go out? I'm not sure that wiring had been messed with, renault didn't do things very tidily.

With the wiring only no, but the wiring was causing an "open circuit" permanent error , so they had a problem, probably passenger side from what i saw when i went to fix the connections.

But i had an issue with the clockspring which needed changing and i did change it, (it had one of the two connectors broken) so, after clockspring change (after that wiring above) the light went out imediately, no need to reset the warnings because the airbag system check'd itself automatically for faults and it turned off.

But now the wiring on the seats is fully tight with crimped connections, no way they come off, i didn't solder them on purpose, i just used connectors and tied them all really good with heat-shrink.