ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV and Traction lights - still no joy

Trophy 182
Hi,

I had the common issue of the ABS, SERV and traction light coming on. I put it on a friends diagnostic and it came back with this
20141117_122835_resized.jpg

I adjusted the brake pedal switch last night and this definitely needed doing because my brake lights weren't coming on until I pressed the pedal firmly. (thanks for your advice @MicKPM )

I thought this had sorted the issue, but this morning I had JUST the traction and SERV light appear on the dash whilst travelling down a dual carriageway.

Anybody have any ideas? I cant find anything on the search function apart from steering angle sensor but this didn’t show on the diagnostic.

Any help much appreciated

cheers
Luke

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
It might not be throwing a fault code as such but the angle sensor could be returning a bad value for the position. Can that code reader report the sensor value? If not you might need to get it onto a CLiP to see what the sensor is reporting.

Trophy 182
It might not be throwing a fault code as such but the angle sensor could be returning a bad value for the position. Can that code reader report the sensor value? If not you might need to get it onto a CLiP to see what the sensor is reporting.

im not sure i will have to get it back to him or down to Mick at Diamond motors to put it on CLIP

cheers

Trophy 182
Pop in on Saturday, after 1pm, if you like Luke

Mick
Cheers mate. Im meant to be at cadwell on sat so trying to see if i can get it sorted before i go. Iv had another go adjusting the switch just now so i will go give it a test drive and report back

Cheers
Luke

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
May be able to squeeze it in on Friday but if it needs anything, we're sunk

Trophy 182
That would be good. Im not awork on friday so can pop down when ever you get a free moment? Im going to go give it a test drive now. Fingers crossed.

Trophy 182
Well first test run was ok then 10 mins in had the esp and serv light. So i stopped and though that maybe the brake light switch was too sensitive now and coming on too early. So i pulled the brake switch adjuster out one more click. The brake lights come on lower down the pedal now so not as sensitive and then took for another drive and all seemed ok! Also noticed my cruise was working again now and wasnt on the first test drive i did.
Does this sound correct or is could it be coincidence?!i guess only time or pluggin into CLIP will tell.
cheers
Luke

PH2 172
Id try a new brake switch sensor, and cleaning the contacts of the YAW sensor with a dab of oil on the metal contacts afterwards.
Serv light will come on if oil level is low by 2 pints,check the dip stick.ALso maybe the milles have just clicked over since it was last reset.?
Loggy is probably on the money with the white plug,and Mick is God`s gift with these problems.
As long as it`s not going into limp mode and brakes normally,don`t let it spoil your Saturday.

Trophy 182
Serv light will come on if oil level is low by 2 pints,check the dip stick.ALso maybe the milles have just clicked over since it was last reset.?
Loggy is probably on the money with the white plug,and Mick is God`s gift with these problems.
As long as it`s not going into limp mode and brakes normally,don`t let it spoil your Saturday.

Cheers Steve. Yeah it drives fine. Im just a bit OCD with these things. Haha!

Cheerd
Luke

Trophy 182
Just thought id update this thread in case anybody else has the same issue.

Mine was down to the brake switch. It took a fair bit of trial and error to get it in the right place on mine for some reason.

It ran spot on all day at Cadwell park yesterday, so really pleased.

Thanks for your help everyone
Luke