ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv + esp lights on intermittently

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Hi guys, I've had this problem for a while now, couldn't find anything about it.

(2002 172)

They have turned on constantly after about 10mn of driving at around 60mph. They always go away after I restart the car.

I think I have a wheel bearing to change and I was wondering if it could be linked. If not what could cause this?

Thanks.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Try cleaning all plugs connections in the engine bay fuse box and the main loom plug that comes through the scuttle area behind the screen wash bottle

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Hi guys, I've had this problem for a while now, couldn't find anything about it.

(2002 172)

They have turned on constantly after about 10mn of driving at around 60mph. They always go away after I restart the car.

I think I have a wheel bearing to change and I was wondering if it could be linked. If not what could cause this?

Thanks.
If you Google the problem it seems to point to the brake pedal switch or steering wheel angle sensor.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...cAKHQPoD6oQvbADegQIAxAB&biw=360&bih=616&dpr=3

CLio 172
Just installed spacers on the front of my 172 and esp and serv lights have been coming on intermittently for me as well. Probably does need an alignment

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They're all linked.
I know that. But usually, from my experience anyway. If one the ABS rings was damaged or corroded to that extent it would throw up the ABS light within minutes of moving off not just when he hits 60mph. They would have been the first thing I checked just to rule them out.

WhiskySniffer

ClioSport Club Member
  Rb182 Cup, GLC43 AMG
I have been having this same issue for a while now and I had put it down to fitting an aftermarket steering wheel.
This week I have just fitted new abs rings and bottom ball joints and took the car for a good drive today and the lights stayed off for the first time in ages!

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
I have been having this same issue for a while now and I had put it down to fitting an aftermarket steering wheel.
This week I have just fitted new abs rings and bottom ball joints and took the car for a good drive today and the lights stayed off for the first time in ages!
Only SERV and ESP ? No ABS light?

WhiskySniffer

ClioSport Club Member
  Rb182 Cup, GLC43 AMG
Yeah I only had the SERV and ESP lights on.
The new ABS rings have solved a slight judder I was getting through the brake pedal stopping at slow speeds.
I'm starting to think it was the steering alignment causing the fault as it must have changed slightly with the ball joints being replaced.

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Yeah I only had the SERV and ESP lights on.
The new ABS rings have solved a slight judder I was getting through the brake pedal stopping at slow speeds.
I'm starting to think it was the steering alignment causing the fault as it must have changed slightly with the ball joints being replaced.
OK, will add this to the list! Thank you.

Clio 182 FF
anybody found an actual fix to this yet ? i used to think it was the brake switch too but since I fitted an aftermarket steering wheel it does the exact same thing as OP said

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Do some diagnostics with clip, will be easy enough to pinpoint the issue.

Clio 182 FF
actual after a bit more research I’m pretty sure it’s the steering angle sensor, I will let you know here once I change, although idk when because for now I don’t mind really