ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

serv light an oil--------- on trip comp

Mk5 golf gti
just started up the 172 an the serv light came on and on the trip comp screen it had ----oil-----
is this trying to say i need oil service or oil is low
as none of the other lights are on :S
i cant find my manual right now
thanks people in advance :)

Suzuki Ignis
Check the dip stick. Would be the easiest thing to do, but as said you probably just parked on a hill.

Mk5 golf gti
cheers mate ill go check the oil level
i only checked it last week
an i havent been parked on any hills or anything
sayin that i noticed a puddle of oil (wat i presumed was oil) rainbow coulored puddle on the drive

Clio 172 cup
cheers mate ill go check the oil level
i only checked it last week
an i havent been parked on any hills or anything
sayin that i noticed a puddle of oil (wat i presumed was oil) rainbow coulored puddle on the drive

Sounds healthy. =/

"Navy" N17 TWO
I got this again last night at a mates - the car WAS parked on a hill for a few hours - facing upwards if it makes any difference, and wasn't a steep hill :S

Went to drive home and got the OIL------ and SERV on the dash. Pulled in at a garage halfway home to find my oil on the Min marker

Anything else I should check apart from the dipstick before I top-up?

I got this again last night at a mates - the car WAS parked on a hill for a few hours - facing upwards if it makes any difference, and wasn't a steep hill :S

Went to drive home and got the OIL------ and SERV on the dash. Pulled in at a garage halfway home to find my oil on the Min marker

Anything else I should check apart from the dipstick before I top-up?

Why bring Jason_E into this??

You should check your oil when the engine has been off and on level ground for at least 15 minutes, which gives it time to flow back down. If you drive it, and pull into a garage and check it straight away, of course you're going to get a low reading, as most of the oil is spread about the engine.

Parking facing up hill sometimes does bring a warning up, as the sensor is at the front of the engine.

"Navy" N17 TWO
lol @ Jason

Last time this happened and I did check it on level ground as above etc, I put a litre in to top up
and the bloody thing ended up about an inch over the Max marker after I drove it again.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Has been parked at my house all night on a hill (not steep) but facing downward this time
- dipped it where I park before I go anywhere and the level is still below Min :S