ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service and abs light on after cleaning throttle body

Hi guys i have searched this topic but there does'nt seem to be a definitive aswer to the question so i will explain what happened and maybe some one can shed a little more more light

Decided to clean my throttle body on my phase 1 172 after what i considered to be a successful session i put the throttle body throttle cable air filter pipe back together, the car started fine is now running smoother than ever.
BUT now the abs light and service light are on all the time, i did jack the car up after finishing the job just to make sure all is well underneath but did not touch anything.

I am bloody confused to say the least can any of you experts help.

Thanks in advance

Dont think so mate did'nt touch anything underneath i did dis connect the battery could that have done it?
These french cars are a nightmare, i have a evo and an impreza nothing ever goes wrong , the minute i touch the clio ...problems the kiss of death hey!
Problem is the clio is more rewarding to drive than the jap toys

also thought i'd add turned the car on whilst it was jacked up on one side could that have tripped the abs?? thats when these two lights appeared

Clio 182 arctic
u must have caught something, i know it sounds dumb but are you sure you put the in the right place and all that.

Just came back from a good blast both lights have gone off and stayed off for over 20 miles, braked quite hard heard a click and lights went out. ABS working well also.

Miracle first time ever i have had any good fortune ie not cost me anything, i did look towards the heavens at one point when it first happened, with it being easter maybe my prayers were answered.

Thanks for all your help guys.

clio 182
I had this and it was a cv boot jubilee clip that had come loose and was jammed in the abs sensor, Might be worth checking just in case.

Megane dci 130
When you started it when jacked up the wheels were probably turning. This will cause the abs light to come on because the front wheels are moving and the rear arnt.