ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service and airbag light

dci 80
I disconnected my battery to change my seats as I thought I would be safe with the airbags in them but now I have a service and airbag light on!
How do I reset them?

Cheers mike

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Then you've either not plugged them in correctly or the components in the seats you've fitted are fekkered.

dci 80
Is there any way I can change the pre tenshionors off my old seats to my sport ones to see if that's the problem? Or what else could I do?
Cheers mike

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yep, you can swap the lot and the pre-tensioners are an easy DIY job with the seats out and next to each other. If its the seat bags at fault though you will have to de-contruct the seat coverings which isn't hard but can be tricky to get back right.

If after all the swapping the light is still on then its most likely you've damaged something else whilst doing the swap like the side impact sensors which lives in the sill areas.

Mick

dci 80
On closer inspection it looks like the passenger pre-tensioner has gone off as the seatbelt anchor has been pulled right in so I'm just glad I've found the problem it just means taking it back out to replace the pre-tensioner!
Cheers mike