ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service and traction control light

Clio 182
Hi folks, I have a 182 and occasionally the service light and traction control light come on when driving. This probably only happens once in a while but has happened today. Il be driving along then these two lights will light up on the dash and will stay on until i turn the engine off. And when I turn the engine back on they are off. Has anyone experianced this before and have any ideas what it could be?

David

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
Mines doing that as well. The cruise control is playing up as well.

I bet you a pound to a pinch of sh!t that Renault can't diagnose the problem.

Steve

350Z and 172 Cup
I have the exact same problem too. (mine is a FF172) Please PM me if you get any good advice as I dont have internet access all the time to check the forum.

My service light flashed a few times at me, so i checked the oil and topped it up until service time, seemed to work a treat!

tiTTy & SV650
check that when u touch the brake pedal gently the brake lights coming on, if not then the brake light pressure switch needs to be re-calibrated. common issue.

basically the ABS and TCS sees that you're braking but thinks you arent as the lights not on so s***s itself but resets itself each time.

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
So are you saying that when I brake, the lights may not be coming on? That's a rather serious safety issue is it not!

Steve

Clio200 EDC Lux
rory182 said:
check that when u touch the brake pedal gently the brake lights coming on, if not then the brake light pressure switch needs to be re-calibrated. common issue.

basically the ABS and TCS sees that you're braking but thinks you arent as the lights not on so sh*ts itself but resets itself each time.

Exactly what was wrong with mine, thought it was something major.

mine too - renault told me they changed the brake light switch and it hasnt come on since - as you said bit worrying that i might have been driving round with no brake lights!

BMW 535D
mine's doin exactly the same!! and my cruise control sometimes doesn't switch on! bloody french...............

tiTTy & SV650
Steve vRS said:
So are you saying that when I brake, the lights may not be coming on? That's a rather serious safety issue is it not!

Steve

the initial braking moment maybe when u just touch it lightly, ever noticed folk tail gaiting? maybe why lol it made sense when I found out.

d_tyler said:
Hi folks, I have a 182 and occasionally the service light and traction control light come on when driving. This probably only happens once in a while but has happened today. Il be driving along then these two lights will light up on the dash and will stay on until i turn the engine off. And when I turn the engine back on they are off. Has anyone experianced this before and have any ideas what it could be?

David

I've literally just picked up mine from having this fault repaired. It took my dealer less than 30mins to fix, and now I can use my cruise control again too :eek:

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
I'll print out this thread and show it to the dealer when the car goes in.

Might then only take 4 visits to fix :(

Steve

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
Shock horror!

The dealer could not find any fault and guess what? On the way home the cruise control wouldn't work!! They must employ people with recent GCSE passes is all I can say!

Steve

I had the same problem with mine. Would be driving along and the lights would appear. Turning the engine off and on cleared it. It took 3 trips to the garage to fix. First time they cleared the fault by hooking it up to their computer. Second time replaced wire connections. Third and final time they had the car for a week, dented the drivers door, were smoking in it and put 150 miles on the clock just to check they had fixed the fault. Problem was faulty brake sensor.

CHECK YOUR ABS WORKS. WHEN THE WARNING LIGHTS WERE ON IT DIDNT ON MINE

This is exactly what mine has been doing. When both the serv and traction lights are on the cruise doesnt work but the speed limiter does.... started about 2 weeks ago always has happened on the motorway! Car goes in next wednesday.
Roy, brake pedal switch definatly the problem?
Does that mean my brake lights havent been working?

Rob.

Clio 182
I had my car into renault a couple of weeks ago and they could find nothing wrong with the car. I think he thought i was telling lies but im now going to book it in again and tell them about the brake pedal switch. Also i just noticed last time the lights come on, my cruise control does not work

clio 172
New brake pedal switch is £11 from renault and takes minutes to fit (see posts on setting up. Mine however still has the fault and comes up with fault code 78 lateral acceleration sensor coherence. Someone mentioned a yaw sensor under the handbrake.