ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service etc before sale or just knock the price down?

Audi A3
over the next couple of months im considering selling my car. moving home and wont need it half as much.

now, i visited birchdown about 4-5 months ago and they told me that my driveshaft will need replacing around this time. its also due a service and possibly new abs rings/brakes.

would i be better getting all this done before sale or sell it for less but listing that these things need doing?

anyone have any experience or been in a similar situation?

172/vx220t/m135i
I tend to get all bits doing before selling but price it accordingly, don't think many buyers like forking out on maintenance as soon as they have bought a car even if it is cheaper. That's just me though.

Much much better to get it done.

When I buy a new car I want to enjoy it. Not have to f**k about fixing things that the previous owner couldn't be bothered to sort.

Audi A3
Depends on the age/mileage of your 172....

53 plate with 65k on it if that changes things?

ive thought that too revels, but i also thought people might want to do the work themselves if they're handy.

got a couple of months yet anyway.

or do i keep it? or swap cars completely? too many bloody decisions!

Brakes are easy enough to do yourself, Check some prices with G172 on here for the standard set up.

Also if your car has a good stamped history I would keep It going as it does help with a sale.

You will wish you kept it though if you do get rid. Good luck with the move mate

Audi A3
yeah it does jay which is another reason to get it done i guess, but i couldnt put a shelf up to save my life never mind fettle with my cars brakes!

insurance is due up end of june and with moving too id like to see how my finances are and selling up will obviously help that.

Is it the front or rear discs that need doing? I did the rears on my 182 in about 1.30hours.

Oil changes, plugs, pollen filter, brake fluid change, air filter or the coolant is all easy enough but with the prices that Renault are offering with fixed priced servicing I would go with that save you some hassle.

Driveshaft I have never done so can't really comment on that.

Audi A3
not sure jay. i went to birchdown just after i bought it last june and they told me the brakes looked new then. not touched them since but can feel the abs kick in when im braking slightly.

air and pollen filter i've done myself that's a doddle.