ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service light!!!!!????

Clio 172 mk2
started ma car up last night drove about a mile and the service and airbag
light came on

is this a big issue or will it just randomly dissapear?

turned it on and off a few times and it still didnt go off

help please

try your wires under the seat mate the pre tensioners they are called sometimes they can get loose if you keep putting you seat forward and back..as fare as i am aware dont think this is a common fault it was with my vts anyway they did it all the bloody time

Clio 172 mk2
nah had it in renault bang on 24000 for its service last friday

but a will have a wee look for the wires cheers guys

clio 182 black /gold
As said in this thread it is the wires under the seat. It happened to mine and fixed under warrenty.

RX7, 172, mini & van
baw bag mines like that all time it comes and gos hwve play with wires under seats but as soon as we go out on a sunday night they be on again haha

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I've got the same problem on mine, take a look at the link previously posted. It is caused by open circuit failure of the connectors under the seat. Usual quoted fix is to 'wiggle' the connectors. This will only work sometimes. Permanent fix is to replace the connectors or hard wire (remove the connectors) and solder up the cables. Remove the battery first though.

Titanium Clio 182
so what is the service light for? On the megane the service light flashes when its due a service?

mcyates said:
so what is the service light for? On the megane the service light flashes when its due a service?
Service light is to tell you there a problme the Megan has a differetn setup the serv light works telling you the car needs servicing.

It's happened on every Mk2 since the first one.

Renault still have not been bothered to rectify the fault.

Lazy assed mofo's!

Wiggle the wires they say, great but a week later it comes on again.
I drive around with mine on permanently now, I will not be reduced to wiggling wires under my seat.