ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Servicing light help please - 197

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
Hi guys,

Servicing light has just came on and said service due now.

How many miles until the car goes into limp mode? As I cant afford to get it done until another month ( 1,000 miles ).

Sam

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Can't you turn the light off with an obd sensor and the app torque on a smartphone. Will only cost you 20 wood. Look it up buddy.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Pretty sure you do this using the buttons on the wiper stalk (the trip computer buttons)

It'll probably be something like press and hold the button (move to the correct function first) for 10 seconds and it will reset.

I'll try and find the correct procedure now and post it up.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hi guys,

Servicing light has just came on and said service due now.

How many miles until the car goes into limp mode? As I cant afford to get it done until another month ( 1,000 miles ).

Sam

Sam, the car won't go in to limp mode matey but please, don't reset the light if it's not been serviced.

I think I'm alone on this but it really annoys me when people do this as you're not only lying to yourself but the engine needs basics such as oil and filters replacing to keep it running right so why not just do it. (Rhet ?) You'd be the first to moan If it breaks down.

Mick