ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Servicing Q + Central Scotland

Hi folks,

just wondering if you have to have your service done by a Renault dealer, or can it be done by any garage. The reason that I ask is that the Ford garage near me is doing a deal for any car upto 2.0l service for £49. I have not looked at the small print, just seen it on their window as I was passing.

If I do have to go to Renault, can anybody advise me of the best garage to go to? I stay in Alloa and the nearest is Stirling. But considering what I know about them, and what I seen today (brand new megane getting wheelspun by a mechanic out of the petrol station which is near to them), I wont be going there. The garage Parks in Dunfermline wanted between £170-180 for a service :eek:

Mac

12k on ma Cup (its actually done 9.5k) + my mates Cup needs done as well. Going to get them done at the same time if pos. His Cup is at 11.5k.

My Cup is my pride and joy, so I dont really trust anybody with it if you know what I mean. Sounds silly, but the last cup that I had in for a service with Arnold Clark in Stirling about 18 months ago, and while I was getting a lift to pick it up, my Cup flew past us close on a ton! The Service Manager and the mechanic wished they hadnt came into work that day. Fukin clowns.

Clio 1.6 16V

Hi Mac,

Ive just had a 12K (4.5K on clock :oops:) service done at Parks. They appeared to do a good job and charged £157 which appears to be the going rate. I checked the mileage afterwards .. excatly the same, so they never did a test drive as was listed on the service schedule they supplied. They also took a blind eye to my mods. I actually bought this car from Arnolds in Stirling Im not too impressed with their service dept either. Their classic was trying to fit my 172 tyre to a replacement 15" dynamic rim ...doh!!

Neil

GR7

Shiny red R32

Ask around to see if someone can recommend a good local garage, as you will get much better service than from a main stealer!! Read this months What Car? and you see!!

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 09 October 2004

Ask around to see if someone can recommend a good local garage, as you will get much better service than from a main stealer!! Read this months What Car? and you see!!
Cheers GR, does it not have to be a Reno garage to keep the waranty though?

golf

No just has to follow the service schedual + use gen renault parts + stamp of whomever carried the service out! :D

Subaru WRX/BMWe30 Touring

Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!!!

Probably should have read this post before getting my 12K service done on my 172 at Arnolds in Stirling yesterday. The main reason I went there was that I always got my Megane serviced by them and they seemed to do a good job and were not too expensive. To be fair my 12K service cost £131-04 which having read other posts on this forum seems to be not too bad.

I picked the car up yesterday evening and it had done 3 miles since I dropped it off in the morning - now wondering if that was covered at >100mph :eek:(

mate, they burned a new 04 megane out of the shell garage on Thursday afternoon. What the customer doesnt know eh? :(