ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

servicing

A well built VW

My clio is due its 24k service shortly its a 99 1.4 8v anyone got an idea roughly how much skinter ill be after it

Thanks

On same topic, my 172 mk1 is due its 72,000 service soon and timing belt is apparently supposed to be done at same time. Been quoted £850 by Dixon Renault in York.

Anyone in same area know a better/cheaper renault dealer nearby?? Is this price about right?

That did cross my mind but only had the car 3 weeks so I wasnt sure if this was a fairly accurate quote. How much do you reckon?

He reckons that the spark plugs on a clio are a sh*t to get at and are only changed at major services? Thats got to be b*llocks?

Better get them to stick Bosch super 4s in then if its only going to be done once!!

Anyone know a dealer near York that wont try and pull my pants down.............figuratively speaking.

nope. Have used ones in leeds and york and they are similar prices. Dont know what the one in harrogate is like though. Dixons in York are utter s**t. I would avoid them if at all possible. My 172 was in for two issues last week and they fixed none of them yet told me they had fixed both and were really unhelpful from start to finish. Ive had to get renault uk onto them on several occasions.

When I bought the car it didnt have the CD carriage with it so I bought one from Dixons York and the multichanger wont work with it.

Might try the one in Harrogate then.

Quote: Originally posted by pooch92 on 07 March 2004

Seem to have gone a bit off topic can anyone answer MY original question 24k service cost on a 99 1.4
Depends where you are and what you let them do.

Should be between £150 and £250 but you could go to any garage not like your warently is still valid

A well built VW

15% discount for local renault dealer with cliosport memebrship and yes warranty has just run out but had good service from Glenvarigil tempted to go back