ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seta Leon Cupra R

But top whack of 147MPH ....thats the 210BHP motor for you. o-60 slower than a cup though. fair old size car to lug round..Good value for money - Evo have just got one as a long termer...

Stats in Autocar versus a 172 (non-cup) are quicker to 60 but slower to 100. Cant quite remember the numbers but theyre both in the 17s to the ton.

Well id expect the 30-70 is better anyway, which is more important. I have driven one, it seems to be the more impressive of the non impressive VW chassis! The main problem is that its a bit heavy and i dont need a four door, but i do like the way it looks and goes. It also has something called reliability!

-Rob

Its has the old s3 engine and it therefore easily tunable to 260-270 bhp and about 300lb/ft torque with just a ecu remap from aMD.

0-62 in 7.2 in a 172 mmmm dont think so, of all the magazines ive read which have road tested the 172 and used proper timing gear i think the slowest to 62 was in 7.1 and quickest 0-60 was 6.6

120d Sport

Cupra R with a simple chip re-map and larger intercooler will waste a 172...sorry! and that will probobaly cost below £1000 to do. AmD or MTM.

172 looks better thought!

Why is everyone so arsed about millisecond diffences in 0-60 times...is that all that the people do who go on this forum, my cars faster than yours cos it got this induction kit etc.... Cars are good to drive round tracks & good roads you know My Cup is great value for money & if i want something faster (though point to point for the money theres little else then i will wait till i can buy a much faster car... You dont need to do anything to the cup to get great driving enjoyment out of it as with most of the cars on this forum, but i know people like to be a little different. Nothing wrong with that - just enjoy your cars. With the traffic on todays roads i dont know where you guys are always racing each other anyway...!! i have driven some nice cars on some good roads and owned decent cars for a number of years. How come with driving a Cup i dont get raced by everyone in a fast car every time i put my foot down or pull up at a set of lights??? Is it cos im up north or do you guys just go out egging other people on all the time...!!

Rant over... enjoy your motors chaps & ladies just dont get hung up about who you can & cant beat..... pphheeww!

Because we are into cars, performance and tuning and we like to have the best!...........lol pretty normal to me..............bought the cup for that reason apart from being cheap, but that it was fresh, had great reviews and is the quickest car for under 20 K

i read somewhere this week that the cupra r was getting the 225bhp audi tt engine from November.

Apparently, seat want to take on the focus RS.

Is Seat build quality generally better than renault?

Face

S2000

The quickest I have seen the R tested to 60 was 6.5. However it is the ingear times where it really shines, beating both the new new WRX and new S3 in gear, all be it by a small margin!

Im siding towards the R as my next car, its either that or the MK1 V6!

However this will be arriving on the doorstep within a few weeks, not mine though!

http://www.seatcupra.net/images/Scott/4.jpg

Clio 197

Seedy,

Im with you there. Ive driven a lot of differnet cars and have owned some very special ones over the years, but for my purposes, the Willy was a great machine and I hope the Ragnotti is just as much fun.

Im lucky to live near the ring and visit at least once a week.

And it aint racing unless youre in a race or rally car on a track or closed stage.