ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Setting up a new idle air control valve...

RB 182
So i went with the eBay special, people are giving them good reviews so why nlt

I understand it needs setting up, is there a correct way to do this lr just poke with a screwdriver to adjust the plunger?!

Started car but its revving at about 3k so theres obv some setting up to do!

clio sport ph 1
When I change it I hook it on the laptop en reset the adjustment function of the engine . It run's fine then.
I changed the throttle body from a megane on my clio , reset and fine since .....

Ph1 172, Leon cupra
So i went with the eBay special, people are giving them good reviews so why nlt

I understand it needs setting up, is there a correct way to do this lr just poke with a screwdriver to adjust the plunger?!

Started car but its revving at about 3k so theres obv some setting up to do!

Had this sort of trouble when I fitted a new one (the plunger/electrical part I replaced, into my original plastic housing part)
Started it up expecting a nice idle, only to get circa 3k rpm as you say! Took it back out and moved the plunger bit by hand-can't remember exactly now but sure it just pulls down if not twist aswell.

It was a while ago so don't remember which way I pulled or pushed it now, but I would say pull it out (make the plunger/shaft longer) as this will mean when you fit it back in-it will seal against the bottom,as a 3k idle would suggest air leak I.e valve not shut/fully shut.
I ended up taking it off a couple of times as wasn't sure which way it adjusted, but got there after a couple of goes! Idled fine straight away, so knew I'd got it.

RB 182
When I change it I hook it on the laptop en reset the adjustment function of the engine . It run's fine then.
I changed the throttle body from a megane on my clio , reset and fine since .....

The replacement item isn't a genuine Renault one, and by laptop I presume u mean CLIP?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
fit the valve, turn ignition on and leave for a minute or so, then ignition off. Repeat a few times and it should auto calibrate

RB 182
Will try the ignition thing

Few posts about adjusting the plunger when brand new otherwise it revs at 3k, so will just try this tomorrow