ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Setting up email on BB 8520

RB 197
Having trouble setting this up. I go to the setup wizard > Email setup > Then i only have the choice of 'i want to use a work email account with a BB Enterprise Server' i don't have an enterprise activation password, nor do i know how to obtain one??

I click no and to carry on setting up my e-mail but all it keeps coming up with is 'set up wifi' which i have done, it works fine and then nothing therefore on setting up my email details!! Pain in the ass this.

Bus w**ker
Try going to your operators BB page. Orange is something like www.blackberry.orange.co.uk or something like that. Once there you should be able to set up your email and you'll get the service book sent to your phone automatically.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Taken from another post I made on here, to setup email you do it on your mobile networks BIS webpage, the device doesn't have to do anything :) You link your device pin to an email account on the webpage and it does the rest.

BES is a corporate system, a company would have a Blackberry server installed and the company bbs go through that. Enterprise activation is for this, this is not what you want, unless you are going through your work.

You need the BIS, or Blackberry Internet Service enabled on your tariff (which is likely to already be on I'd have thought).

Then your mobile provider will probably have a website you can go to which will let you associate an email account with the device.

For instance Vodafone's site is http://mobileemail.vodafone.net/

Once you sign up and put in all the details the emails account will appear on the device.

It can be tricky to understand at first that with Blackberrys using BIS the configuration of an email account is not done on the device at all really :)