ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

setting up gear linkage

Clio Sport 172
hi lads. does anybody have a method of setting up a gear linkage on a 172 clio sport? ive just fitted a new gearbox and im having trouble getting reverse. ive heard its hit and hope and just a case of keep adjusting and trying but has anybody got any tips like selecting any gears etc and slackening the pinch bolt like some model of cars ive worked on. cheers

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I could do with some help on this as well. I can't get reverse. I have to pull the reverse thingy up to get first and second as well?? Not good.

182, SQ7, Trafic
You need two people ideally. One underneath adjusting and one inside.

Best tip is to mark before but that's too late ;) so it's just play and get it right. Bloody nuisance though!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
You need two people ideally. One underneath adjusting and one inside.

Best tip is to mark before but that's too late ;) so it's just play and get it right. Bloody nuisance though!

I paint pen'd it. It wasn't there when I put the engine back in :S Is it a case of just loosening it and sliding it in and out until it works?