ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

settings for tesco BB and netgear dg834g v3

seb

ClioSport Club Member
Car  Clio trophy
I have scanned google for the settings to put into my netgear router but i can't find any at all...

does anyone know where to find them?

I have the relevent passwords/usernames etc.

ta
 
i'll give it a go and see what happens! i am a bit of a technoleper... :(

is that all i'll need then?
 
I'd have thought you could leave pretty much everything except username and password default tbh. If not just try them settings above, quite a few people have said they work so I'd imagine they'd be fine :)
 
the router is set up for my old aol account. but i want to use it at my parents address (who have tesco) so i can get my laptop on the go for wireless... give me ten and i'll report back!
 
IIRC when I used to be on AOL and bought a router, it was pretty much plug and play, the only thing I had to change was Username and Password. And then the other stuff I changed was optional, like firewall, wireless security etc.

So I'd imagine that Tesco would be pretty much the same, but if not I'm sure those settings would be fine :¬)
 
ok... call me a goon but...

on the back of the router i have 1 grey imput (ADSL) and 4 yellow (LAN 1,2,3,4)

I want to set up the router so the PC is cabled and the laptop is wireless.

Do i put the phone line cable in the ADSL and the PC into one of the yellow ones? as the cables i have fit the ADSL ok, but not the yellow ones? do i need somesort of LAN cable?
 
ok... call me a goon but...

on the back of the router i have 1 grey imput (ADSL) and 4 yellow (LAN 1,2,3,4)

I want to set up the router so the PC is cabled and the laptop is wireless.

Do i put the phone line cable in the ADSL and the PC into one of the yellow ones? as the cables i have fit the ADSL ok, but not the yellow ones? do i need somesort of LAN cable?

Phone line cable goes in the ADSL port, and yes, PC will link to the router via cat5 cable into one of the yellow ports.

Something like this: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-003-BE&groupid=46&catid=150&subcat=
 
kk, so i need an ethernet cable. lol no worries. no wonder it doesn't work ;)
 
Spot on :)

Double check round your house that you don't already have one, as most networking equipment usually comes with one!
 
It might, it might not.. depends if the Netgear is clever enough to detect it. I know the Home Hub for example, can use either..

Just get a straight cable, and it definetly will work :)
 
can someone link me to a standard ethernet cable from pcworld?

clicky

£20 seems very expensive.
 
lol, i really am a mutant when it comes to pc's and cables. f**k knows how i managed to build mine... (oh yes i remember, I jsut rang Griff non stop for a week. lol ;))

On ebuyer they are like 43p for a cable... I'll go and have a look in PC World this afternoon. or you can always send me one griff! :D you still got my address?
 
I've probably got it somewhere but send it again just incase mate.

You might find that your local PC World has some at realistic prices but don't spend more than a quid or two.
 
I've probably got it somewhere but send it again just incase mate.

You might find that your local PC World has some at realistic prices but don't spend more than a quid or two.


cool, i'll go have a ganders, if they are doggers i'll give you a pm of love.
 
Back
Top