ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Settings on a Subwoofer

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
more than likely your gain and bass

just play about until you get the sound how you want it but dont have them full all the time

Listerine & Poledo
The crossover will depend on how good your other speakers are, ideally you want it quite low but if you're using little satelites then you'll have to crank it up a bit.
Phase, no idea.
Vollume, think you can work that one out :)

2014 Focus Titanium
Do some research on Bass Crossover. Basically your speakers won't be able to reproduce low bass like the sub is able to so the crossover is almost like a seperator of the signals so that only the low bass signals reach your sub (e.g. <50hz), and only the higher signals (e.g. >50hz). You need to know what your other speakers minimum frequency is and set it around there or a little higher.

My front speakers do 50hz upward, and my sub does 30hz-120hz so I set me crossover at 50. That way any signals above that don't reach the sub and any signals below that don't reach the speakers.

Fiesta ST3
as far as phase goes The woofer cones on your main speakers and the subwoofer cone hopefully all move forward and backward in sync. Sometimes though, the woofer leads are reversed, making them jump backward with a positive signal; this will cause them to cancel each other out. turning the phase switch on the subwoofer restores bass.
just try playing it by ear
and the crossoveris set at a point where you want the sub to take over the bass of your main speakers

Astra Twintop
The crossover will depend on how good your other speakers are, ideally you want it quite low but if you're using little satelites then you'll have to crank it up a bit.
Phase, no idea.
Vollume, think you can work that one out :)

Got a set of Eltax floor standing ones.

Ill have a fiddle i think, this is in a bedroom, so i don't want too much aggro from the old lady!

Listerine & Poledo
with big floorstanders, you should be able to wind the x-over right down, let it focus on the stuff your full-range wont take.

Hell, even my Eltax bookshelves give a recent range.

Monaro VXR
If you have some decent floor standers, put the crossover point around 80hz.

If you have smaller satellite type speakers 100-150hz.

50hz for the sub channel is a bit too low. As an FYI THX systems are crossed over at 80hz.

Mental 172 Cup
I was asking myself the same question as I have a very similar sub, mine is wired into a Phillips home cinema system though. As there is two amps I was told to turn the FQ up to around 140-170, this then let's the amp from the home cinema system take over and control the sub. Having done this it sounds so much better and it's hitting slot more bass notes then it did before.